Darkroom Challenge Digital Darkroom Derby #85 - Results posted

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Digital Darkroom Derby #85, a digital image editing/processing challenge.
Please read the rules here. Short version: Host provides the challenge image and selects the winner, who then becomes the next host.

Something easy, I believe. Evening stroll in the old center of Caceres, Spain. All the houses and monuments are bathed in yellow light. You are standing at the Plaza de Santa Maria and looking at the corner of the Santa Maria Cathedral and the monument of San Pedro de Alcantara. In the center background the tower of the Golfines Palace.

PA122730_IJFR.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Files can be found here: DDD85

Challenge closes Monday December 19th at 1400 hrs (GMT+1).

Have fun!

Entry #1:

First ran the raw file through DxO PureRAW 2 to get rid of the noise, before importing the DNG file into Capture One Pro 23 for further processing. Cropped the image to 3:2, did a bit of straightening, wound back the exposure a bit, maxed the highlight recovery, added a bit of shadow recovery, slight increase in contrast and then tweaked the white balance, warming up the colours just a bit.

I noticed some single pixel hot spots towards the bottom left of the image. I am going away to fiddle around a bit to see if I can remove them satisfactorily. If I can, then I will enter the resulting image as Entry #2.

PA122730-ORF.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back