Darkroom Challenge Digital Darkroom Derby #88 - Results posted.

Herbert Hound

Top Veteran
Name
Colin
This is Digital Darkroom Derby #88, a digital image editing/processing challenge.
Please read the rules here. Short version: Host provides the challenge image and selects the winner, who then becomes the next host.

I went out to collect some fresh photons for you all this morning and came back with this... it's the village railway station which, because of its aspect, has never really got any "good" light on it while I've been around. So I thought I'd pass it over to the pixel wranglers of this august forum...

JPG3854.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Raw and JPG files can be found DDD88

The Derby will close at noon GMT on Monday 2nd January 2023. Happy New Year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Entry #1:

Used Capture One Pro 23.

Looking at the sunlight on the green field in the distance gave me some idea as to what the light levels were. Some keystone correction, increased the exposure, added some contrast and then some highlight and shadow recovery.

RAF3854.jpg

Last edited:

I love your N Yorks. rail stain shots and this is another worthy of careful treatment :)

1. DxO PL6 to denoise and corrects lend]s distortion
2. SNS-HDR whech, used with a soft-pedal, always gives me a n natural result
3. Next into Photoshop, extend canvas so I could use DxO Viewpoint without loosing the apex of the roof or the traffic lights.!
4. Minor WB adjustment before resize and "standard" sharpen with Topaz AI

RAF3854_DxO-HDR_2 copy-SharpenAI-Standard.jpg

Wile in PS, I cloned out the TV antenna. Then I debated abnout removing the barrier arm but decided that it is in context and should be retained.

Last edited:
Back