Darkroom Challenge Digital Darkroom Derby #90 - Closed - Winners Announced.

This is Digital Darkroom Derby #90, a digital image editing/processing challenge.
Please read the rules here. Short version: Host provides the challenge image and selects the winner, who then becomes the next host.

This is from an airshow rather than a war zone. There are a few issues for folks to get their teeth into.

P7160330_1600.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

JPEG is here : P7160330.jpg

ORF is here : P7160330.ORF

Enjoy :)

Very nice shot. I would like to submit this as a "non-entry" if I may. Edited raw file in DxO Pl2 then tweaked in Elements. Fiddled with light levels, contrast, and saturation. Extended canvas to the right then cropped. Tried to "de-haze" window/windscreen areas. Enlarged RAF roundel (x2, Topaz Gigapixel) to try to make it more visible.

P7160330_DxOidcLL5.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Thanks for your entries everyone.

Today's bragging rights and 1st place are awarded to alan @betamax entry 1 for the striking edit with the sunset. Really liked the result - only thing I would change are the slight halos on the wheels - but I'm nitpicking and am also aware that this entrant is more than capable of fixing it.

A close second goes to @betamax again for his entry 2.

Third choice was much harder - there is so little to choose between the remaining images - they all have their merits.

I'm going with @Zeus1 entry 1. Like the tight crop and the monochrome edit.

Well done Alan, your turn to host.

Back