Darkroom Challenge Digital Darkroom Derby #93 - Finished and winners declared.

kae1

All-Pro
Name
Ken
This is Digital Darkroom Derby #93, a digital image editing/processing challenge.
Please read the rules here. Short version: Host provides the challenge image and selects the winner, who then becomes the next host.

P1000106.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Let's see what you can make of some old weaving equipment at Bradford Industrial Museum.

RAW and JPEG files are #DDD93

Challenge closes on Wednesday 25th January at 9:00 am (UTC).

Entry #1:

Just rudimentary fixes. - First ran through DxO PureRAW, before importing the resulting DNG file into Capture One Pro 23. Some keystone correction and straightening, a bit of increased saturation, maxed out the highlight recovery and added a bit of shadow recovery.

P1000106-RW2 2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Having had a meltdown and traded in a lot of my heavier* (*only to me) m4/3 gear I decided to upgrade my GX80 to a GX9 to see how I got on and this was its first proper outing. Apart from battery life (which I need to get to the bottom of) I like the handling as it is an updated GX80 with a few new bells and whistles.
Apart from the windows, the light in the mill was poor and the machinery is mainly black so hopefully a bit of a challenge to get the highlight and shadow recovery right. I liked the wool thread and the 19th century stated of the art data storage solution too. I found something to like in all your submissions so I've found this harder than normal to judge.
1674636226717.png

My top three are :-
2nd runner up - @Zeus1 - I love B&W at the best of times so I loved all the B&W submissions, but I preferred the nice contrast on your submission
Joints runners up - @Herbert Hound and @RichardC #2 - Unusually for me I liked them equally for their "un-natural" colours.
Winner - @griffljg #1 - I like the colours, the contrast and the clarity

Congratulations, Larry and over to you (y)

Having had a meltdown and traded in a lot of my heavier* (*only to me) m4/3 gear I decided to upgrade my GX80 to a GX9 to see how I got on and this was its first proper outing. Apart from battery life (which I need to get to the bottom of) I like the handling as it is an updated GX80 with a few new bells and whistles.
Apart from the windows, the light in the mill was poor and the machinery is mainly black so hopefully a bit of a challenge to get the highlight and shadow recovery right. I liked the wool thread and the 19th century stated of the art data storage solution too. I found something to like in all your submissions so I've found this harder than normal to judge.View attachment 360543

My top three are :-
2nd runner up - @Zeus1 - I love B&W at the best of times so I loved all the B&W submissions, but I preferred the nice contrast on your submission
Joints runners up - @Herbert Hound and @RichardC #2 - Unusually for me I liked them equally for their "un-natural" colours.
Winner - @griffljg #1 - I like the colours, the contrast and the clarity

Congratulations, Larry and over to you (y)
Thanks Ken (@kae1). I wasn't expecting that. I'll have a look through my archives for any which might be worthy of a challenge. Failing that, I'll go out and take some more. I'll post a new challenge later today.

Back