Darkroom Challenge Digital Darkroom Derby #99 (closed, results posted)

Name
Lyle
This is Digital Darkroom Derby #99, a digital image editing/processing challenge.

Please read the rules here. Short version: Host provides the challenge image and selects the winner, who then becomes the next host.

DDD099_01.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Another sunset image, although not quite as ready-made as my last. Plenty of stuff here to fix or change. Please see what you can make of it. Enjoy!

Winner of this one gets to host DDD #100!!

The RAW and JPG files are here.

The challenge will close at 8 AM Pacific Standard Time on Sunday, February 19th. I will be traveling, so it may be a day or more before I can post the results. This is an apology in advance.

Entry #1:
Sorry had to change the picture as the original one wich was converted to JPG using Bicubic sharper interpolation caused the power lines in the picture to appear jagged, so here it is with just Bicubic.

Everyone is welcome to replace or modify their entries up until the close of the challenge for new entries. If you want to tweak or go a totally different direction until that time, feel free.

The original .ORF file downloads as a TIF file and I cannot open it in any of my graphics software
Strange, for me it worked, I have the .ORF and used it.
Did you go to the DDD099 drop down list and press download?
That is what I did and as usual I got a zip file with both the jpg and ORF.

I just tested to right click on the ORF file and choosing download from there and I got a TIF file.
So try the other way.

I just tested to right click on the ORF file and choosing download from there and I got a TIF file.
So try the other way.
Thanks for your suggestion, I'll try it tomorrow

The original .ORF file downloads as a TIF file and I cannot open it in any of my graphics software

So try the other way.

Odd. I will look at it, but I am pretty sure I didn’t upload a tiff.

Thanks. I have stopped using Google Drive as I found others had problems with their downloads

Yes, I agree there was a problem. Although the copied .ORF on Google Drive appeared to be the same (size, type) as my original, there was clearly some confusion on downloading it as a .tiff (both on my iPad and my PC).

I deleted the .ORF and uploaded it again, and it seems correct now. Please let me know of any further problems.

This is the first time I have seen this behavior, but now I am wary of GDrive.

Back