Fuji Diopters

entropic remnants

Hall of Famer
Name
John Griggs
Hi and welcome, but I am sorry but I have to disagree on two points, my experience with the Xpro and Omd focusing, has always found the Xpro to be more accurate but because of the lack of image stabilization, it came seem softer because of camera movement.
Secondly please, please no tilt screen, or diopter adj on the Xpro II, That part of the camera is fine just the way they are

I can understand being opposed to a tilty screen -- but diopter? It takes nothing away from the camera and some of us really need one. Me, for one.

it will make the camera thicker and I have no problem with the ones you screw in.

Okay, I see where you're coming from but I'm not convinced a well designed one needs to make the camera thicker -- like for instance adding the tilty screen would. Thanks for clarifying -- I thought you just hated people with bad eyes, lol.

What correction do you have to screw in for yourself?

the screw-in diopters for the x-pro1 work very well. Fuji offers them. I ordered via B&H
The X-Pro allows for screw in diopters (I think they are made for Nikons), but I'm pretty sure there is no solution for the X-E1 (or is there one built-in..... I forget)

The X-Pro allows for screw in diopters (I think they are made for Nikons), but I'm pretty sure there is no solution for the X-E1 (or is there one built-in..... I forget)

X-E1 is built in. X-E1 is smaller than the X-PRO1 which makes me think adding a diopter to the X-PRO1 is not going to make the camera any bigger, or less of a camera. The idea that I have to order a special piece just to use the camera viewfinder is a non-starter for me.

I just can't see any rational reason not to include it on the X-PRO2.

I've taken the liberty of copying a post or two and moving some from our "introductions" thread to start a new one in here so the conversation can continue here instead and keep going as needed.:drinks:

And I clearly didn't do a very good job! I'm out of practice and either I'll figure it out or I'll ask you to forgive me.

This is the should have been the first post:

Hi. I'm Brad

I Recently sold the 1Ds 3 and am using the Fuji a lot.
I have owned X100 but sold it. Then bought and still have the X Pro 1, XE1 and now the X100s.
Why?
I love them all but was left with each, some dissatisfaction and tried the next.
This dissatisfaction is mainly due to my also owning the Olympus OMD-EM5.
The focus on that camera nails it every time.
I know when I take a shot with it, the result will be there and be sharp.
With the Fuji, you can't be as sure.

Fuji got it right on so many levels but they really need to improve the focusing.
I'm using them and love using them.
They have indeed gotten better.
The XE1 and X100s get used more than XPro1 because the focus is so much better.

I hope to see more an XPro 2 with tilt LCD, really fast accurate focusing in all conditions and a viewfinder that has built in diopter.
And a slew of newer fast focusing lenses.

Hi and welcome, but I am sorry but I have to disagree on two points, my experience with the Xpro and Omd focusing, has always found the Xpro to be more accurate but because of the lack of image stabilization, it came seem softer because of camera movement.
Secondly please, please no tilt screen, or diopter adj on the Xpro II, That part of the camera is fine just the way they are

Really want you guys to be able to continue the discussion and I apologize for my inept way of moving the posts!

on all my cameras with adj diopters, they all move , I much prefer a fixed one that stays constant, maybe to solve the problem of having to pay for one after the fact, Fuji could include a coupon or rebate for the one you need

on all my cameras with adj diopters, they all move , I much prefer a fixed one that stays constant, maybe to solve the problem of having to pay for one after the fact, Fuji could include a coupon or rebate for the one you need

The problem still exists as to what diopter to buy? Do I send Fuji my glasses prescription? Adjustable eliminates that need, makes the camera useable with or without glasses without unscrewing something. I remain unconvinced, lol.

It moves sometimes? That's pesky. I've been thinking about fixed focus lenses and gluing my aperture and shutter dials because doggone it, they keep having to be readjusted. Tee hee.

My X-Pro1 book contains a chapter on diopters and which one to pick. There are some differences, and usually one picks the same correction as the one that's printed on one's reading glasses.

I need some advice on selecting a diopter for my XPro-1. I use reading glasses but with minimal correction. Since I can't try before I buy, how do I know which is the correct diopter?

I have an issue with the OVF on the XPro1. It's that the LCD has it's plane of focus at (apparent) distance of about 1m or even slightly less compared to distant view.

While that's no problem for young eyes, for me, in my 60s, I need a different lens for LCD and OVF, otherwise the view through the OVF is blurry.

While I'll use the EVF if I have to, I tend to keep the XPro1 for OVF with the 18mm and the 35mm (which the OVF does very well) and leave everything else to the X-E1.

I do wish Fuji would put the EVF at (apparent) infinity...<sigh>

...it can't be hard, they've done it with the X100(s) OVF.

Back