Fuji Dipping my toe back in the water . . .

tonyturley

Legend
Name
Tony
Over the past year, while some of you have been snapping up the X-T2s and X-Pro2s, I sold off all of my Fuji gear except the X30. Great little camera, great IQ for its sensor size, and really convenient as a grab-and-go imaging device. However, I still sort of regretted selling my APS-C Fujis. Looking back over my archives, it seems the best IQ I got from my earlier Fujis was the X-E1. I've been debating this for quite a while, but this week I found a gently used X-E1 with a hand grip for a very nice price, so it's on its way to me. I don't intend to give up my OM-D E-M5 and 17mm/1.8, but I do plan to have some fun with my X-E1 and a Minolta 28mm/2.8 I had sitting around. I forgot to stick it in the box when I donated a bunch of camera gear to the thrift store, so might as well make use of it. Already have the XF adapter. Stay tuned.

My x-E1 still delivers excellent IQ - despite being positively ancient by 'gear-head' standards! ;)
Just one of the reasons that it's so good to have left that mug's game far behind... :)

I had an X-Pro1 with 18-135, 18mm, and 27mm lenses. I sold it and went back to Nikon. After around 6 months of frustration with Nikon results, lens choices, and carrying the (by then) silly amount of weight, I sold up and got a used XT1, 35mm, 14mm, and Zeiss 50mm for macro. Do not regret decision one bit. Have now replaced the 14mm with the 16-55mm f2.8 which saves trying to balance on one leg in water, in the middle of the Scottish highlands, in a gale, trying to change lenses without dropping anything. Jury still out on that decision (weight increased but so did convenience of use, distortion increased, but then autocorrect is a blessing in LR).

Have now replaced the 14mm with the 16-55mm f2.8 which saves trying to balance on one leg in water, in the middle of the Scottish highlands, in a gale, trying to change lenses without dropping anything.

The trouble is there's never another photographer around when ya want one is there. :th_salute:

Back