Feedback Disconnect on unread content

DeeJayK

All-Pro
Name
Keith
This is a very minor annoyance, but I've noticed a few times in the last week or two that there seems to be a disconnect between the number of unread items reflected next to the "Whats' new" header and the actual unread content.

Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 3.17.27 PM.png

I arrived at this page by clicking the "What's new" header. If I refresh the page or click on "What's new" again, the content doesn't change (unless and until someone posts something).

It's easy enough to click the "Mark forums read" link which re-syncs the two counters, so it's not a big deal. But I just figured I'd share it here in case I'm missing something or in case it is somehow indicative of some larger issue.

I don't recall seeing this behavior prior to maybe a week ago.

- K

This is a very minor annoyance, but I've noticed a few times in the last week or two that there seems to be a disconnect between the number of unread items reflected next to the "Whats' new" header and the actual unread content.

View attachment 299792

I arrived at this page by clicking the "What's new" header. If I refresh the page or click on "What's new" again, the content doesn't change (unless and until someone posts something).

It's easy enough to click the "Mark forums read" link which re-syncs the two counters, so it's not a big deal. But I just figured I'd share it here in case I'm missing something or in case it is somehow indicative of some larger issue.

I don't recall seeing this behavior prior to maybe a week ago.

- K
FWIW, it has been like this for quite some time - I've never bothered enough to mention it. As you say, "Mark read" (a second time) fixes this.

But it's true that it can be somewhat irritating. I think Xenforo isn't always completely capable of following you if you browse the site quickly.

M.

I'd suspected it might be a Firefox thing, anyway - but by the look of it, it isn't. I know that as a non-Safari and non-Chrome user, I'm representing a minority. Anyhow, as you say, no reason for worry, just a tiny annoyance now and then.

M.

Back