Fuji Disconnected.

Charzes44

Hall of Famer
Name
Charles
I have an annoying problem! My X-T3 randomly disconnects itself from the battery! Using the original Fuji battery, I will be taking photos when suddenly there is blackout! Camera completely dead. No warning, no red battery symbol. Just dead. However, if I release the orange battery clip, then push the battery back down again under the clip, everything works again as normal. And the indicator shows almost full charge, as it should. I have had this happen a few times lately, has anyone else experienced this?

I have an annoying problem! My X-T3 randomly disconnects itself from the battery! Using the original Fuji battery, I will be taking photos when suddenly there is blackout! Camera completely dead. No warning, no red battery symbol. Just dead. However, if I release the orange battery clip, then push the battery back down again under the clip, everything works again as normal. And the indicator shows almost full charge, as it should. I have had this happen a few times lately, has anyone else experienced this?
Have you tested it with your other genuine batteries? It might actually be internal fail safe/motherboard problem. Modern mirrorless cameras lack the conformal coating in the motherboard and connectors that older ones used to have. This way they are more sensitive to temperature fluctuations and humidity. Many motherboards skip the coating because of component heat-up during video.

Have you tested it with your other genuine batteries? It might actually be internal fail safe/motherboard problem. Modern mirrorless cameras lack the conformal coating in the motherboard and connectors that older ones used to have. This way they are more sensitive to temperature fluctuations and humidity. Many motherboards skip the coating because of component heat-up during video.
To be honest Timo, I have no idea if it is one battery, or several. I will mark them, then check. It only happens once in a while, so fairly difficult to be sure! Thanks for your suggestions.

Back