Do I stay or do I go? (with my current system).

Jonathan F/2

Top Veteran
Aug 21, 2011
Los Angeles, USA
If I were still shooting events the D780 would be on my list.
I thought the D780 was a lame update, but that dude Ken Rockwell had a pretty thorough Youtube video about the camera and he made a couple good points. While it looks rather conservative, it's a very mature camera overall. I notice import models are selling at the $1600+ price range, I'm hoping the camera drops even more for USA bodies!

Biro

Hall of Famer
Aug 7, 2011
Jersey Shore
Steve
You shouldn't let your Q live in the box!
Those cameras were putting "fun" right back into picture taking. But, of course, some people can't, or won't, use cameras that aren't latest generation. I'm hoping you're not one of them!
Just my thoughts. Still using my original Q. And having fun!
I had the original and let it go. I was influenced by those who hated the 1/2.3" sensor. I quickly regretted it and bought the Q-S1 with the larger 1/1.7" sensor. A nicer body than the Q7. But the original, magnesium Q body was the best. I'd grab one if I could find one in great shape.

Tilman Paulin

All-Pro
Nov 15, 2011
Vancouver B.C.
Tilman
I thought the D780 was a lame update, but that dude Ken Rockwell had a pretty thorough Youtube video about the camera and he made a couple good points. While it looks rather conservative, it's a very mature camera overall. I notice import models are selling at the $1600+ price range, I'm hoping the camera drops even more for USA bodies!
Thom Hogan has a good review on it too...

Basically a great DSLR through the viewfinder and a great 'mirrorless' in LiveView on the LCD...

ErichH

Veteran
Jun 11, 2020
I had the original and let it go. I was influenced by those who hated the 1/2.3" sensor. I quickly regretted it and bought the Q-S1 with the larger 1/1.7" sensor. A nicer body than the Q7. But the original, magnesium Q body was the best. I'd grab one if I could find one in great shape.
I've got three of the black ones with 01. Two in unopened original boxes. Bought the two last when they went on sale, when the plastic ones came, and no one wanted the old ones. Still using the first one, despite banging it on rocks and parking lots. Magnesium showing where paint has worn off. The only regret I have is not getting more original lenses. But I'm using mine with my Pentax-110 lenses, and assorted CCTV lenses. The CS-mount lenses are body cap adapted. And probably not worth using, to most of the posters here...

FV5_0430-01.jpeg

System in one bag (All of the above, plus mini tripod, IR remote and extra battery)

FV5_0433-01.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom