Canon Does anyone have experience with the Lensmate quick change filter adaptor for the G12

Jock Elliott

Hall of Famer
or the Raynor Pro teleconverter for the G12?

I'm thinking about adding a polarizing filter and I would like a little additional reach.

If you tried any other teleconverters or filter adapters for the G12, I'd like to hear about that as well.

- Jock

I have the canon filter adapter [FA-DC58B] and it works well though my circular polarizer is stuck on it at the moment. Must have gotten grit/sand in the threading when in Australia. I ordered a filter wrench to get it off since polarizers spin when trying other methods. What I like about it is when your filter is on you can use a canon 58mm lens cover, just leave the thing on. It extends when the lens extends and then collapses again when the camera is turned off. I kept it on the entire time I was on vacation with exception to using it on my DSLR. Polarizer on the G12 is like magic. *I had looked into the lensmate but decided against it. First because it's like a standard filter adapter and reminded me of a hat brim on the camera and secondly I didn't have time to check one out before vacation anyway so I got the Canon one. It was not disappointing.

The G12 has a ring on it around the lens, there is a button release [bottom right of the lens when facing front of camera] and you screw it counter or anti-clockwise. Then you line up the adapter dot, it has the typical canon silvery-white dot line up marker [the camera just as a little dot indentation to the right of the lens as you face it], and give it a turn clockwise onto the threads and it locks on. You can actually extend the lens through the adapter when there is no filter on but when there is a filter on it the adapter is spring loaded, it extends with the camera lens extending.

Back