Leica Does this Rokkor M lens work well on a Leica M9?

Raid

All-Pro
It seems that among 21mm lenses, only Leica lenses have been getting excellent reviews for color images on Leica digital cameras.

I am less ambitious, so I am trying out my Rokkor M 28mm/2.8 lens on my M9.
Here are some snapshots with this lens.

link: Rokkor M 28mm 2.8 M9 - raid

Rokk-11-X2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Rokk-3-X2.jpg

Rokk-12-X2.jpg

Rokk-18-X2.jpg

Rokk-6-XL.jpg

Rokk-23-X2.jpg

Rokk-28-X2.jpg

Rokk-26-X2.jpg

Rokk-27-XL.jpg

Rokk-16-X2.jpg

Rokk-17-XL.jpg

I may save some money but not having to buy yet another RF lens since my Rokkor 28mm lens is performing quite well. I never look for masterpieces anyways. Good looking snapshots of my family and whatever I see worthwhile documenting during trips.

Great color Raid. I once owned a Minolta CLE set and the 28mm is my favorite lens in the kit. I remember that kit fondly but unfortunately, it was stolen from my car. But the Minolta 28mm M lens is a winner. I think the only issue with that lens is that quite a number of them developed bubbles if I'm not mistaken.

Hi Vince,
Thanks.

It is a 28/2.8 Rokkor. The problem that appears in almost all Rokkor 28/2.8 lenses is flaking that appears as white spots. The condition is not pronounced in my lens, and since many years.

Raid, oops, it's been a while since I have one of these M-Rokkor. Yes, it is the white spot (not the bubbles as I mentioned earlier). The one that I had (got stolen back in 1987) was perfect. Actually, I bought it in 1985 brand new old stock full kit with the 40, 90, CLE, the flash and the leather bag. A really handsome kit. Small and amazing performance. I actually wished that Leica would produce another digital kit in that form factor.

I have a CL and a CLE, 2 28mm Rokkor 2.8M lenses, and a 40 Summicron C. I sent one of my Rokkors that had glass blemishes (I don't refer to spots because there are several kinds of known blemishes and they are different) to Kamera Service in Holland who cleaned it for 70USD. The other cosmetically perfect 28 mm Rokkor has clear glass until you look with a strong light. At that point there is something I call "craze" (which may or may not affect images...I have not seen it do so). The inclined could clean it or send it to Kamera service and they will advise. Since there is no point in my having two.... this one has to go if anyone interested.

Back