Fuji Dog and Duck with Fuji X100

soundimageplus

Top Veteran
5672595691_1d40eb97b1_z.jpg

One of the advantages of the optical finder of the optical finder on the X100 is the ability to see beyond the limits of the frame and anticipate whats going to happen. Here I saw the dog coming towards the duck, focused on the duck (using f/16) and waited until the dog was in the right place, and pressed the shutter.

Needless to say the duck escaped!

More on the camera at:- Fuji X100 - User Experience 7 - More Quality More Frustration

Its frustrating! Its wonderful quality yet there are menu and control issues which cause problems. Is it worth the money? Overall I think the answer is yes. The lens is top quality, the sensor is one of the best I've ever used in terms of IQ and, particularly, high ISO perfomance, and its put together (mostly) very well.

I'm doing a user experience report on the blog which should be finished tomorrow.

Ooo, that fellow has a lean and hungry look to him - his ancestry was surely showing! Glad the duck escaped!

David, I'm enjoying "traveling" along with you on your blog very much!

David, again - I'm really enjoying your blog - great pictures and I find the "score card" and your analysis very interesting. So far it seems that the frustrations are outweighed by the image quality - even with that mishap with the jpegs!

Far more difficult to catch than the Bull and Bush but you'll struggle with the King's Arms at the moment.

There's apparently one in staffordshire called the BULL AND SPECTACLES which might prove a bit tricky too.

(For those who are wondering what all this is about, these are English pub names amongst which the DOG AND DUCK is fairly common)

There's even a flickr group:-
Flickr: Unusual Pub Names

Back