Dog & Girl ......

christilou

Legend
Ro wanted some of her and the dog ..... too pink?

DSC00776-Edit-Edit.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC00777-Edit.jpg

DSC00803-Edit.jpg

DSC00812-Edit.jpg

Never ending battle of the white balance!

I like them all, but my favourite has to be the fourth and last in this series - not because of any tones (and honestly I never truly noticed either "too much" or "too little" pink) - but because of the pose - and her expression. It's almost as though she were amused by some private joke - which possibly both she and the dog were sharing - but she isn't about to spell it out for us: if we can't figure it out ourselves, we must be dense.

Short form: there's an aura of mystery about it - which seems to enhance the portrait.

A truly fine series, Christie. (And special kudos to the dog, for staying so cool throughout.)

If you're concerned about the pink/yellow tinge, try very slightly desaturating the pictures and see what that does. The mostly monochromatic aspect is great except for the apparent color standing out in the shadowed areas. Maybe lift the shadows in her face a bit, too.

Ro wanted some of her and the dog ..... too pink?

View attachment 269496

View attachment 269497

View attachment 269498

View attachment 269499

Never ending battle of the white balance!
I like all four. Can't see anything really wrong with the colours, but agree with Graham that maybe reducing saturation just a tiny bit could solve your problem. My favourite is the last of the series. Just the most natural look and a slight touch of Mona Lisa or Sphinx (in the sense you'd like to know what causes this pensive smile). But what I really like most about it are those eyes. A superb portrait to which the monochrome colours greatly contribute.

Back