Dogs Dogs (part II)

Thanks John. I probably should have crouched down to get to his eye level, but getting up becomes more of an issue as you age! :)
Tell me about it, Rose!

Serious painkillers between 2 to 4 times a day ameliorates the problems - it certainly doesn't stop the pain. While my hips and knees are not good, my main problem is all my lumbar discs are buggered, ditto all my lumbar facet joints. I try to get down only where I can use my arms to get back up now, otherwise it's very tricky.

Tell me about it, Rose!

Serious painkillers between 2 to 4 times a day ameliorates the problems - it certainly doesn't stop the pain. While my hips and knees are not good, my main problem is all my lumbar discs are buggered, ditto all my lumbar facet joints. I try to get down only where I can use my arms to get back up now, otherwise it's very tricky.
Getting old is just plain not fun.

After walk cookie time:
Cookies Time 2 L1032963.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Cookies time L1032964.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'm pretty fit really, but scared I'll get cast. And I have had some issues with lumbar facet joints at times in the past, and when I do I can barely move because of the spasm.
Rose, a spasm while standing stock still in the kitchen thinking "Will I make myself a coffee?" started what I think is now a permanent "episode" in September 2020. Some months using a four wheel walker, 8x Panadeine Forte a day followed.

Too much Paracetamol per day long term, so my Doctor weaned me onto SR Oxycodone (Targin 10/5) plus Valium for the spasms. Played havoc with my INR initially! I have always tolerated opiates well, and Valium works superbly as an anti-spasmodic, without any tranquillizing effect.

This regime is settled, playing nicely with all my other medications. My INR is stable! And I can use Paracetamol as a rescue pain killer without getting anywhere near toxic doses. It works better than Endone as a rescue medication, as it potentiates the efficacy of the Targin, as it does with Codeine and Ibuprofen.

It looks as if I will be taking the Targin for the rest of my life.

So, yeah, getting old ain't for sissies, as my old friend, Bill Turner, used to say.

Back