Dogs Dogs (part II)

DSCF1728-C1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

OVI03184-Edit.JPG

Yesterday was my little princes's birthday.

OVI03186-Edit.JPG

I don't actually know her real birthday, my late girlfriend never told me and after she passed away I decided to give my girlfriend's birthday the date for my dog, 2nd of May. She turned 6 years old. The hat and the bandana is more for me then for her but I couldn't resist the cuteness (she didn't like either of them).

OVI03189-Edit.JPG

I did gethera birthday cake ... Well if was more like a birthday biscuit but it was fine for her little size and I can't bake if my life depended on it ... Unless the main ingredient is bacon :p

OVI03218-Edit.JPG

She wasn't sure about it at first but after breaking a piece of it she was chowing down on it like there was no tomorrow. Her first birthday present was a new retractable pink lead to replace the old one and it has built in flash light and a dog bags holster. (Her 2nd gift is arriving late because it's coming from Canada but I can't wait for her to try it).

A few days ago I got my best pictures of my little princess so far:

OVI02780-Edit-Edit.JPG

"Dun dun dun duuuun DUN DUN DUUUN DUUUUUUUUUUN" :p

OVI02793-Edit.JPG

Happy, happy, HAPPY!

OVI02839-Edit.JPG

"Am'a lick your face." :p

OVI02934-Edit.JPG

I'm falling in love with the Sony FE 85mm f 1.8, it has the subject separation of the telephoto end of my Tamy 70-180mm f 2.8 but the wideness of the short end. It's just nom nom nom delicious bokelicious.

OVI03061-Edit.JPG

At this point, she lost her steam and smile so I stopped "fooling around" with her to get images. The AF-C and Tracking are better than everything I had before BUT not significantly (10 to maybe 25% faster) but only if I shoot at 10 FPS rather than, the limited, 6 FPS (but I got more keeper because of the statistically more pictures at the higher FPS. But this is just an initial impression, I need more testing and time to get comfortable with the lens (for pet portraits and action).

Back