Dogs Dogs (part II)

20200329_134133.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

We call that position "Superdog" at our house (I mainly do that because my wife who is 10 years my juior probably has never the cartoon Underdog). And I don;t think he ever used that pose......I just picture Superman....and he's kind of the dog version of that

Charlie used to that when he was younger. I haven't seen him do it in awhile.

We call that position "Superdog" at our house (I mainly do that because my wife who is 10 years my juior probably has never the cartoon Underdog). And I don;t think he ever used that pose......I just picture Superman....and he's kind of the dog version of that

Charlie used to that when he was younger. I haven't seen him do it in awhile.

I loved Underdog as a kid :)

Screenshot_20200405-141644_YouTube.jpg

Yep, must have been re runs, but it was definitely on TV for me too, back in the days of magilla gorilla, grape ape, and Mr Magoo.

The Pioneer IS vintage....the Yamaha just looks it (it is the modern A-S2000....a purchase I made because I found a great deal on a used one). The turntable is an Immedia RPM-2 deck with a Graham Engineering tonearm with a Lyra Delos cartridge (a combo I could have NEVER afforded if I hadn't stumbled upon an amazing deal). Frankly, because of the rest of my system, the turntable is kind of wasted on me....I can't hear half of what it can reveal.

The speakers are some Tannoy Precision 6.2 speakers. Another purchase made because of proximity and price point.

All of it would certainly benefit from a proper set-up, but room logistics (and being married) kind of prevent setting it up "the right way". But it all sounds "good enough" that I don't really get the upgrade bug. I've auditioned a couple of higher end pre and power combos, but none of them were any better than the Yamaha.....at least not "better enough" to justify emptying my bank account.

none of them were any better than the Yamaha
Yamaha equipment is superb! I had a CA-1010 integrated a few decades back and it was awesome. I've a mostly McIntosh stack with a Thorens TD126 and Joseph Audio speakers these days. Wouldn't buy what I have now if I had to replace it - my ears aren't that great anymore and I would happily go to an integrated amp or receiver.

Back