Dogs Dogs (part II)

Meet Brando
DSCF8772.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSCF8796.JPG

I was taking my walk, and as I passed by his home territory, this little guy was full of sound and fury, signifying, "Get out of here!", presumably. I thought he was adorable, but I couldn't refrain from reminding him that he was smaller than a football, not as big as the Rottweiler he imagined himself.

P3161421.jpg

The horizontal shot with with the Om Zuiko 135mm f3.5, the vertical with the OM Zuiko 100mm f2.8. The 135 plays second fiddle to the f2. 8 version in critical opinion, but I've always found the f3.5 to be tack sharp and one of my favorite old Olympus lenses.
DSC07033.jpg
DSC07040.jpg

DSC07043.jpg

Last edited:
This is probably my favorite thread. Dogs are just such solid creatures. In a crazy world my sometimes crazy cow-dog mix makes me smile and think that surely the world will find a way forward from whatever catastrophe on the daily news has lowered my spirits. Anne Bancroft when once asked what was the secret to her long marriage with Mel Brookes, answered, "He makes me laugh". Point taken.

Both shot with the SMC Takumar 50mm f1.4, a superb performer on the Sony full frame camera.

DSC07054.jpg
DSC07055.jpg

Last edited:
At the dog park

I decided to try my hand at picing ‘strange’ dogs. It was a terrific, sunny, warm day So I expected there to be lots dogs and their humens out. Boy, was I right— so many chasing around in fact that I couldn’t really catch many individual subjects. This one stood still a full half a nanosecond, allowing this only pic.
Moral: beautiful day at the dog park sux for pix. PP- snapseed
6BABA53A-17A7-4934-B2BF-17EC6059541A.jpeg

At the dog park

I decided to try my hand at picing ‘strange’ dogs. It was a terrific, sunny, warm day So I expected there to be lots dogs and their humens out. Boy, was I right— so many chasing around in fact that I couldn’t really catch many individual subjects. This one stood still a full half a nanosecond, allowing this only pic.
Moral: beautiful day at the dog park sux for pix. PP- snapseedView attachment 298963
I wonder if he was knitted by hand or on a machine?

Today's walk. A beautiful day. The open field (used for parking during sporting events) is pretty ugly, but it gives her a chance to get off the leash -- a long leash, but a leash. I'm not sure what caught her attention in the first shot. I doubt it was a road runner; she'd have been off like Wile E Coyote to try to get it.
P3241453.jpg
P3241455.jpg

Last edited:
Back