Dogs Dogs (part II)

"Relaxin' in the shade!"
Here's Pepper taking advantage of the cooler weather on Saturday before our heat wave returns today. Gonna be in the upper 90s again; around 100F (38C) tomorrow!

Oh... should mention this was shot through my living room window, hence the odd, blown-out reflections in the lower flower area. One of these days I will get a polarizer! :D

pep front yard-2022_0618_DSC_1082_NIKON_D300-crop-resize.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Birthday girl! She's a rescue that we've had for a couple of years now. She has Hypothyroidism and is on twice daily thyroxin plus drops for her eyes. She's a very sweet and gentle pup and gets on great with the grand kids. My daughter decided to dress her up!

View attachment 318020Ghost Birthday by Rick In Melb, on Flickr
She's such a cute angel ... I would love to cuddle her for her birthday.

Birthday girl! She's a rescue that we've had for a couple of years now. She has Hypothyroidism and is on twice daily thyroxin plus drops for her eyes. She's a very sweet and gentle pup and gets on great with the grand kids. My daughter decided to dress her up!

View attachment 318020Ghost Birthday by Rick In Melb, on Flickr
That's interesting and I commiserate, @Rick-Australia : Our cat has hyper thyroidism and is on one tablet (VERY expensive) a day
I hope your doggy manages and that the treatment will help control her condition; happy birthday pretty girl!

@MiguelATF
You caught a great moment— the expression on the dog’s face as his human is approaching says alot.
Yes. Reminds me of this research project, so many years ago, on the "telepathic" connection dogs can have with their owners/partners.

Yes. Reminds me of this research project, so many years ago, on the "telepathic" connection dogs can have with their owners/partners.
Walter, both our cats exhibited this behaviour, one to a lesser degree than the other, but both of them to both of us.

Cats are far less of a social/tribal/herd animal than either humans or dogs, but the behaviour pattern was still observable sufficiently often for both of us to notice it. When you live with two little creatures for over 21 years, you tend to notice their characteristic behaviours.

When we both went out, we would frequently find them both waiting by the front door for us. However, cats appear to have even more acute hearing and smell than dogs, so they almost certainly heard the car pulling up when we both went out.

When we were both both home, it was uncommon for either cat to sit in the entry room.

Other cats I have had have exhibited similarly inexplicable behaviours.

All very interesting in any event.

Last edited:
Thanks all. Many great memories, all the more so because she was an unexpected addition to the family. She was a street dog in our neighbourhood when we lived in Tirana, Albania. The expats told us to steer clear of the street dogs because they were dangerous but in our neighbourhood they were just sweet. Bella adopted us as much as we adopted her, and when time came to leave she left with us.

It's nice that you remember her Christilou. I know she featured regularly here all those years ago when she was still with us. It's also nice there are a few old timers still around on the forum from back in the days when it was 'Serious Compacts'. I've drifted in and out over the years but I don't think there's another site or forum I've been part of for anywhere near as long.

Back