Dogs Dogs (part II)

One at home
L1015293.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

One on holiday
L1015194.jpeg

Hi @L0n3Gr3yW0lf, I’ve used the Panasonic 20mm f1.7 for this picture - mounted on the GX800. :)

I’ve seen your work - you’re still getting great shots of your little one. (y)
Quite obvious, but have you tried holding your camera in one hand and a treat in the other when being at her level?
It's quite strange, when she's outside she ignores everything, food, treats, her squeaky balls. The only things she wants is walking and jumping on me. (Nice, I kind of forgot how the little Pany Panky 20mm renders, very lovely).

It's quite strange, when she's outside she ignores everything, food, treats, her squeaky balls. The only things she wants is walking and jumping on me. (Nice, I kind of forgot how the little Pany Panky 20mm renders, very lovely).
Well, one can’t fight against love, I’d say. :)

OVI07806.JPG

"PLAY WITH ME" (It's actually a blurry picture while she was yawning but I kept it because it's still cute for interpretation)

OVI07808-Edit.JPG

"I am serious now ... you ... play ... with ... me"

OVI08222-Edit.JPG

Took me hundreds of tries, hours of whistling and calling her to run towards me but I finally got the summer picture that I wanted. A close-up of her running through the golden grain fields (it's harder than you might first think because she's a third of a full-sized grain plant. And what luck has it been to get her "squeezing" in front and behind hanging grains?

OVI08243-Edit.JPG

And what could have made it even better is getting a 2nd shot on a wide angle of her ... on the same day ... today actually.

OVI08275.JPG

She's a very unusual dog.

@L0n3Gr3yW0lf
that second portrait is really wonderful.
Crop, print frame.
Well done that.
I might not even crop and just print large because I love the wideness of the angle with lots of nice context but out of focus so it's not distracting to much.
@L0n3Gr3yW0lf the photo in which she’s running towards you in the fields is fantastic!
Thank you,I've been trying to get the for 2 months now. I am struggling the most with C-AF not keeping up and the 5 FPS is to low to pre-focus and burst for chance.

I might not even crop and just print large because I love the wideness of the angle with lots of nice context but out of focus so it's not distracting to much.

Thank you,I've been trying to get the for 2 months now. I am struggling the most with C-AF not keeping up and the 5 FPS is to low to pre-focus and burst for chance.
You could also try to prefocus by using MF; although I think that’s tough because you also need to look out for her…

I always thought the AF implemented in Sony cameras is extremely good?

You could also try to prefocus by using MF; although I think that’s tough because you also need to look out for her…

I always thought the AF implemented in Sony cameras is extremely good?
I have tried Pre-Focus but the 5 FPS gives me very low chance of getting the shot because there's to much gap between the shots. And because she's so tiny she is extremely fast and when she's outside it's like The Flash's little pet.

I know Sony AF can be a lot better but it's quite old now on Sony a7R II (it was the best at it's time, better then Sony a7 II).
When I had my Sony a7C that little thing was a monster in terms of speed (and I miss the buffer clearing UI as well).

OVI09033.JPG

Having a very late walk, it was very very dark.

OVI09078.JPG

Because of the very high ISO I had to turn to B&W which I'm quite happy with (for online sharing, not printing).

OVI09208-Edit.JPG

I don't know I have an obsessive desire to get a good image of Little Legs under a street lamp in the evening/night. The problem is it's too dark for f 2.8 or even f 1.8 ... so I will have to wait and keep trying.

Back