Dogs Dogs (part II)

Thank you all for your concern and good wishes for Poppie. Her breathing rate has come down from 80 - 100 breaths per minute to 20 - 30. A colossal improvement. And she is much livelier, beating up her toys like she used to do. We visit the vet again tomorrow, I will let you know what he thinks.
I think I understand how Poppie feels.

I'm a lifelong chronic asthmatic, so am used to feeling breathless. I have always been meticulous with my medications. For the last 10 years or so, my asthma has been very well controlled, but I'm breathless and exercise intolerant, even though my peak flow is around 500 L/m, unmedicated. The breathlessness is not due to my asthma, but due to having a mechanical mitral valve, and a pacemaker - and my heart's electrical system is just about cactus. It just doesn't work very well.

It's not fun ...

Give her a big pat from us 😃.

I think I understand how Poppie feels.

I'm a lifelong chronic asthmatic, so am used to feeling breathless. I have always been meticulous with my medications. For the last 10 years or so, my asthma has been very well controlled, but I'm breathless and exercise intolerant, even though my peak flow is around 500 L/m, unmedicated. The breathlessness is not due to my asthma, but due to having a mechanical mitral valve, and a pacemaker - and my heart's electrical system is just about cactus. It just doesn't work very well.

It's not fun ...

Give her a big pat from us 😃.
Poppie thanks you for your kind words John.

It's my apple. Not yours. Mine.

20221024-P1010080.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

We visit the vet again tomorrow, I will let you know what he thinks.
The vet was delighted with Poppies progress, and has slightly reduced her medication. She has put on half a kilo since Monday, and her breathing rate is down to less than 25 breaths per minute. Target was 30. We have another appointment for next Friday.

OVI02327-Edit.JPG

"Can I bark one more time?"

OVI02057-Edit.JPG

Nothing makes me happier than to see her happy little face, running around with no care in the world.

OVI02149-Edit.JPG

I told her the grass is wet but she didn't listen.

OVI02442.JPG

"Wonders of a fluffy."

OVI01761-Edit.JPG

"No dog is too big to be my friend."

Back