Dogs Dogs (part II)

Getting bigger really fast!

Griffin_12-03_0006.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

OVI01307-Edit-Edit.JPG

Took me only 15 minutes to set up 3 lights, clear the background, put the Xmas jumper on and try to get a good Xmas shot with her. She didn't feel very cooperative, just sitting there looking worried, treats didn't work so I had to pick a decent one. I think she might be too tired to pose. She did get lots and lots of hugs and cuddles. The edit took a bit of effort, clearing up the colour fringing, clearing up all the marks off the floor, get the brightness on the eyes and light reflections a bit higher. I wish I could replace the floor with snow texture but my Photoshop skills are non-existent.
This will be our Xmas card for 2022, just finished printing the image on 16 Fujifilm Instax Wide prints with a Xmas message hidden inside a QR code on the top left of the image.

Last edited:
A collection of pictures of my little princess I made to test out the Animal Eye Tracking in the last few days:

OVI01228-Edit.JPG

"Why hello there"

OVI01338-Edit.JPG

Every morning I go to work I wrap her with my T Shirt (that's dedicated only for her) and leave her on my seat at the desk.

OVI01364-Edit.JPG

And the look she gives me every time I need to leave her.

OVI01372-Edit.JPG

The proper edit of the picture I posted earlier. I don't know why she prefers big boys, every time they meet up she jumps around him and flirts with him like a highschool teenager that makes even me blush with embarrassment.

OVI01386-Edit.JPG

He's an ok guy, I nickname him Boomerang because every time a car passes by he would sit down on his tummy and jump spin 360 degrees and then sit back down again. His owner has a lot of patience to walk him through town. But he'a a very sweet boy.

OVI01715-Edit.JPG

She loves to run more then a stallion in open fields, my new phone lock screen wallpaper.

OVI01728.JPG

Her first appearance as a guest star on CSI New York.

@L0n3Gr3yW0lf
The next to last pic, of her running near the base of a red brick wall, is a great shot. Shows good perspective without distracting background. Good capture of her spirit; with her looking right at the cam. All-around terrific portrait.
Glad to see she’s feeling well after last week(?).

@L0n3Gr3yW0lf
The next to last pic, of her running near the base of a red brick wall, is a great shot. Shows good perspective without distracting background. Good capture of her spirit; with her looking right at the cam. All-around terrific portrait.
Glad to see she’s feeling well after last week(?).
Thank you, yes she is back to her self with lots of cuddles and running around. I have a series of her with squeaky ball when we played Sunday night but I haven't posted them because it was getting late. I will post them after I have my breakfast in a few minutes. (I think it was some food we eat because I
had tummy ache for days after she was sick)

OVI01777-Edit.JPG

Nothing gets her attention like squeaking her ball.

OVI01831-Edit.JPG

And the one thing she loves is when I grab her ball while she holds on to it in her mouth and trying (playfully, I don't have any intention to hurt her teeth) to get it from her.

OVI01825-Edit.JPG

And she loves to keep her ball(s) between her paws.

OVI01852-Edit.JPG

And fetching the ball, she never gets enough of it.

OVI01881-Edit.JPG

And then it's cuddle time.

OVI01890-Edit.JPG

And tummy rubs.

How to Nuggie:
OVI02062-Edit.JPG

Step One: MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD!!!

OVI02096.JPG

Step Two: Complain about said mud!

OVI02101-Edit.JPG

Step Three: Do The Tasmanian Devil and fail to do anything about the mud.

OVI01914-Edit.JPG

Step Four: After having a bath and a dry fall asleep on my foot like a fluffy marshmallow.

OVI01916.JPG

I love the colour one because the sunset warm light is what makes the magic but for some reason, the back and white one has quite the soul of its own, a Je Ne Sais Quoi?

Some of my favourite pictures of my little Yorky-Russell when I tested the Real Time Eye AF Tracking for Animals/Pets.

OVI00316-Edit.JPG

I love the look for a 85mm f 1.8 and close to medium distance, definitely a lens I want to have in my kit. I love the swirls I can get with the right composition.

OVI00324-Edit.JPG

The "compression" at closer distance makes for really awesome subject isolation though some lenses may struggle to keep their autofocus at the pace of a moving subject.

OVI00462-Edit.JPG

At 500mm the compression is even more impressive even at f 6.7 but the foreground can get busy, here I had her come up a small bump in the terrain so the background is farther back past the grass line just behind her. There's a small amount of swirls in the background towards the edge most part of the frame.

OVI00425-Edit.JPG

She does love to bark her tiny little head off when something doesn't agree with her ... I haven't figure out what it was here but she was looking damn cute, she throws her little head backwards and sometimes jumps on her front paws like having a little tantrum.

OVI00577-Edit.JPG

I am learning that up close, very close (under 2 meters) most of my lenses struggle to keep up with only a couple or in focus images but she still managed to look fearsome ... To the squirrels and the bees and the birds.

OVI00654-Edit.JPG

At 75mm f 2.8 it doesn't look as impressive as 85mm f 1.8, it's better for larger dogs and small groups but for small dogs or really focusing on a subject's aspect, like eyes or posture, I think the dedicated telephoto prime is a significant improvement.

OVI00667-Edit.JPG

At very close distance, 2 meters or less, the difference between 75mm f 2.8 and 85mm f 1.8 is less drastic so I can easily use my Tamron 28-75mm f 2.8 Di III VXD G2 in a pinch, but there's still an advantage for the prime for very low light (like deep forests and sunsets) or freezing the action at over 1/500th of a sec.

Back