Dogs Dogs (part II)

Went to Te Awanga for fish and chips for tea, and sausage for the dog. It's a beach about twenty minutes away ....

Is my sausage cool enough yet ....
P1260001 Duffy wheres my sausage.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

For some reason he loves to roll in fine sand. Most of the beaches close by are stony, except at low tide, as in today.

P1260008 Duffy rolling in the sand.jpg

P1260009 Duffy rolling in the sand.jpg

I threw the left overs down for the gulls, but Duffy decided to guard them ....
P1260014 Duffy watching the seagulls.jpg

Still keeping an eye on the gulls ...
P1260015 Duffy guarding the leftovers.jpg

OVI03730.JPG

I have come to realisation that I can't find my socks anymore. They have been blown away by the Tamron 70-180mm f 2.8, this lens is so sharp and the rendition so beautiful that it's the best lens I have ever used (mind you that's not saying much since I haven't owned that many high quality lenses).

OVI03726.JPG

Every time I get the right composition, the right focus and decent light, this lens just makes magic with every shutter press. It's so sharp that it makes my Tamy 150-500mm feel soft and slightly more disappointing. I am so happy I made the strench go add it to my kit to use it for pet photography.

OVI06267-Edit.JPG

My little jelly bean with her Teddy Bear, we were playing with the squeaky bear and she grabbed him, jumped on the sofa and held him with her paws.

OVI06269-Edit.JPG

That was the last night she was extra "fluffy" because I gave her a haircut the next day, it was starting to look untanglie and made her look messy. Hopefully, it won't be too cold for the rest of the winter.

OVI06330-Edit.JPG

We went out for a little walk today, the first one in over a week because I've been very sick for the last 12 days (sinus infection and it hasn't shown any signs of letting up, and my GP doesn't give an ef about it either so I'm on my own) and she was getting very restless and energetic.

OVI06367-Edit.JPG

She looks so much less like a Yorkie with shorter hair. I am still trying to get used to my Tamron 70-180mm f 2.8, especially for dog portraits and action shots.

Aww, I love Scotties!

Following Luna around and playing with my new-to-me 85/1.4. We were told she's half Catahoula Leopard Dog and half Australian Cattle Dog. We can confirm the Catahoula part. As for the other, I think people in the US label any dog from Australia as a cattle dog. We think she's Kelpie. She looks like a Kelpie, acts like a Kelpie. What say you Aussies?

52671517553_c4ac609901_o.jpg
DSC04915 by telecast, on Flickr

52671013666_57ef681928_o.jpg
DSC04900 by telecast, on Flickr

52671517458_4320e12df6_b.jpg
DSC04933 by telecast, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't support any kind of pure breads because of the damage humans have done to the the genetics and lifespan of all dogs. Any mixture is a lot healthier and better for the survival of dogs.

I'm not sure what breed it is, maybe bull dog, where they have been so over bred that they have breathing problems ......

on another note I met a dog the other day who was very unusual. I can't remember now, the exact mixes, but one parent was labradoodle I think, and the other parent another variation. anyway the output was a very attractive, pale blonde, very leggy labradoodle sized dog. Just a pup, and exceedingly energetic and playful :-

Back