Dogs Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody was having a great time :D

P1020387.jpg

Dog sitting a blue heeler this weekend. We have a pug, so having a dog around who is smart (no offense, Gordo) and athletic is like culture shock. Heelers are small dogs but are so incredibly fast and strong.

dki4.jpg

8h2y.jpg

39z2.jpg

It was so much fun... was like someone loaning me a jet ski or a sport bike for the weekend. "What can I do with this thing next?"

What I did was set the X100 to 1/2000 and then match up the ap and iso to something reasonable. Then with the right hand I metered and held at about the right distance on the ground, and dragged up to frame where she'd be when she jumped. Then with my left hand I tossed the frisbee out in front of me and snapped.

Dog sitting a blue heeler this weekend. We have a pug, so having a dog around who is smart (no offense, Gordo) and athletic is like culture shock. Heelers are small dogs but are so incredibly fast and strong.

It was so much fun... was like someone loaning me a jet ski or a sport bike for the weekend. "What can I do with this thing next?"

What I did was set the X100 to 1/2000 and then match up the ap and iso to something reasonable. Then with the right hand I metered and held at about the right distance on the ground, and dragged up to frame where she'd be when she jumped. Then with my left hand I tossed the frisbee out in front of me and snapped.

You made me smile and as long as Gordo doesn't read SC, I think your secret is safe.:D

Very nice action shots! Our dog is a frisbee addict - I'll have to try your modus operandi with my X100!:drinks:

Love this thread because the pictures always bring me back to the reality of what's important.

Somebody was having a great time :D

View attachment 7130

dki4.jpg

8h2y.jpg

39z2.jpg

Excellent shots both of you.

Thanks y'all.

If I were going to do it again (like on purpose, instead of on a whim during a dog walk to the park) I'd probably get out from under the tree, put the camera on a tripod, use a cable release, and just manually focus it to about the right range. And that dog will just keep going, all day, so you never run out of material.

Fastest shutter speed you ever need with a pug is probably 1/60. Beyond that it's overkill.

so, is this the forum dog thread? if so, where are the dog lovers?! here are a couple of mine.

p1843376058-5.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

ep2/summarit 50/1.5

p385806253-5.jpg

ep2/takumar 35/2

p827355154-5.jpg

fuji 645zi

p1076800650-5.jpg

fuji x100

Reactions: IVN
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back