Dogs Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
A mess... took this photo when my late Happy came home after we walked her around the neighbourhood and she was hugging her water bowl drinking like never before. Photo taken in 2008 when she was still healthy.

14567485864_9c0bee3e14_b.jpg

Gentle. (taken in 2011. when we introduce our new puppy to my late Happy. She seemed very gentle and adore the young puppy, much like a mother).

14371882248_68c12c936a_b.jpg

I love this thread.

Tiew, thank you for posting these photos of your late Happy - both of these photos show off her personality so well. Her name clearly fit her perfectly, and I am sure you still miss her very much.

Garry, that TapTalk picture is a dream - and so beautiful. I'm so glad you and the boys are able to spend so much time with Fly and her best friend. And I'm so glad Buster made it through his operation and is back home and happy.

Christina - here's hoping Little B will be 100% all better!

And Don, you already know how much I love that bath photo - your little puppy's expression is priceless!

The cuteness in this thread is overwhelming and the tales of old dogs showing their age is sad but inevitable. Here's another of our Millie at a particularly happy moment with one of her classic smiles. She's still doing really well for a 15 year old dog, but her bouts with digestive problems are getting both worse and more frequent (she had a really bad week last week - much better since the weekend), so she's definitely showing signs of her age. But we're enjoying her for however long we're lucky enough to have her...

14561357892_422d0120b6_b.jpg
Happy Millie by ramboorider1, on Flickr

-Ray

Before we had Little B I had no idea just how much a part of our lives he would become. It's just like having another child, a permanent toddler with not much common sense who needs protecting at all times! I can't bear the thought of losing him and hope that he will be with us for many more years just like your Millie :)

The cuteness in this thread is overwhelming and the tales of old dogs showing their age is sad but inevitable. Here's another of our Millie at a particularly happy moment with one of her classic smiles. She's still doing really well for a 15 year old dog, but her bouts with digestive problems are getting both worse and more frequent (she had a really bad week last week - much better since the weekend), so she's definitely showing signs of her age. But we're enjoying her for however long we're lucky enough to have her...

14561357892_422d0120b6_b.jpg
Happy Millie by ramboorider1, on Flickr

-Ray

She is amazingly cute and lovely. I am sure she had a great temperament. As you know, I most recently had lost a friend and daughter (Happy the Bullterrier miniature). I do hope and pray that when the time come, you and your family will be strong... afterall, I believe all dogs go to heaven and they will be there looking down upon us... until one day, we meet them again.

This thread, and all of the talk of older dogs and their inevitable demise, has made me really take stock with our little gal even more than I had. That and we're on a vacation that seems to present all sorts of opportunities to shoot her, and the result is a LOT of photographs. Which I'm enjoying doing now and I'm sure I'll hold closely after she moves on. Here are a few more from dinner time yesterday:

14583089441_b88bc4a59c_b.jpg
July 4th on July 5th by ramboorider1, on Flickr

14563363726_0dceebf318_h.jpg

Her best Duane Allman impression:

14585689912_518e0bc6d8_b.jpg

-Ray

I love when they're playing and they get that crazed look in their eyes!

-Ray

That is called "The Whale Eye" when you can see the whites of the eye. Sometimes, it's just that they are trying to keep an eye on something, but often it is a sign of unease or anxiousness. Perhaps these 2 haven't played much together. Here's my little boy Charlie when he was a youngster playing with a young baby (also named Charlie)......there was a lot of whale eye guying on in that play session. The were having fun, but were unsure of each other......
4575823941_7a3fa420cb_z.jpg
Charlie meets another Charlie by Luke Lavin, on Flickr

_7040195.jpg

_7040205.jpg

_7040208.jpg

_7040209.jpg

_7040238.jpg

_7060053.jpg

_7060063.jpg

_7060071.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.