Dogs Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
A homage to our good friend who past away last week....

15 years is a respectable age for this type of dog, and he had all kinds of health problems , but still we mis him...

dog.jpg

Jeroen, I'm very sorry to learn of your handsome companion's passing on. Your portrait shows what a truly good boy and friend he was. He has a regal and loving look in this picture and such kind and beautiful face.

I'm so sorry you've lost your lovely dog Nuskyn, it must seem very quiet without him. We took Little B for his vet's appointment this afternoon and had to leave him there for the next couple of days. It's deadly silent without him and we miss him already. He's due the same surgery as before to repair his cruciate ligament. It will involve sawing his leg bone across and shaving it to make a better join, metal screws and a permanent plate. Six to eight weeks of rest and a gradual return to normal exercise. We might be able to get him some hydrotherapy this time. I don't even want to think about any negatives for the next two days!!

Here he is on my bed this morning, wondering why I haven't fed him!

L1000234-Edit.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

L1000246-Edit.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I just cannot stand hearing or seeing animals suffering, especially those that are close to our heart.

@Jeroen: my deepest condolences. I do believe that they all go to heaven and will be free of any suffering for eternity.
@christilou: I am sure Little B will pull through great and be back in no time (although just reading it... make me thought of the time when my old Happy was having a major surgery a couple of years ago... that fear throughout the few days are terrible...)

Little B Post Op.....

Fetched our baby boy from the vet this afternoon. He's quite disoriented and a bit whimpery. He's allowed five minute walks around the garden "toilet breaks" but he seems happiest lying on the cool grass so Little Ro lay down with him for a while.

14434803028_cc3406f5dc_b.jpg
Post Op Pictures by christilou1, on Flickr

14619328314_d76ae1ae6d_b.jpg
Post Op Pictures by christilou1, on Flickr

The operation went well yesterday although he'd torn his cruciate right through this time... now for the recovery.

Buster has been back to the vet a couple of times since his small opp . It's not healing very well. It is, but slow. Age I guess.
Hope little B gets well soon. I don't think the hot weather helps with post opp comfort !

Oh poor Buster..... hope he hasn't got to his stitches. Little B's already got the dressing off, good job we bought a pack of sterile dressings in anticipation. It should come off in a couple of days but not within a couple of hours of arriving home! The stitches are dissolving ones but the would is raw and bruised all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back