Dogs Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Mother's old Golden Retriever having a quite moment
Mum's dogs_140606-7230.jpg

Bertie sat next to me in the car, and I "snapped" him while he occasionally "snapped" at me, especially when I blew on his noise - he can be a mean little "bugger" at times.

I had to explain to the French that "Bertie" was a diminutive for Albert ……… which they found "strange" - no idea why ……… maybe no French dogs are called Albert!!!

The way Albert is pronounced in French sound like we would say "Al...bear" with a French accent

Bertie.jpg

Last edited:
I was invted to Crufts on Friday by a mate who's has two Newfoundland Dogs and is quite active in doggy circles, he had a press pass going spare so asked if I'd like to go with him. Stupid question, despite me being quite ill at the moment. I must admit it was a bit of a struggle spending all day on my feet and I was a wreck when I arrived home last night but was quite pleased with the photos I brought back.

It was also a bit of an eye opener, as some of the dogs seemed to be regarded by the people showing them as nothing more than something with which to win a competition - as most people would treat an innanimate object. Some of the show dogs looked bored and sad, which is why I took the first shot and did the selective colour treatment on it, for me it seemed to capture the spirit of the day for the dogs - all summed up in one look.

Some owners were obviously concerned for their dogs welfare, and spent time with them rather than just leave them in a crate or a small booth, but they were in the minority from what I could see. Lots of Eastern Europeans there as well as the usual continentals and American visitors, the show is vast - biggest ever I've been to at the NEC (our UK National Exhibtiion Centre near Birmingham) and I've been to many car / bike and camera shows there - none of them as huge as Crufts though.

All shots were taken in ambient light on my Canon DSLR with a 40+ year old Pentax F1.7 50mm prime lens fitted to it.

IMG_8525b_zpsln2gzra9.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

IMG_8519_zpseuycfztp.jpg

IMG_8520_zpsowleivbz.jpg

IMG_8521_zpsgincwf8q.jpg

IMG_8523_zpsqovdjp8f.jpg

IMG_8524_zpsqw0ktvau.jpg

IMG_8526_zps1es12ye9.jpg

The happiest dogs by far were the agility / obedience competitors, I spent ages watching this and the fun they had was in stark contrast to the show dogs.

IMG_8476_zpsdgmbsvwp.jpg

Weighing up the competition!

IMG_8478_zpsvmimkbuk.jpg

IMG_8482_zpskhebbho6.jpg

IMG_8487_zpsnexmqb1x.jpg

Bertie sat next to me in the car, and I "snapped" him while he occasionally "snapped" at me, especially when I blew on his noise - he can be a mean little "bugger" at times.

I had to explain to the French that "Bertie" was a diminutive for Albert ……… which they found "strange" - no idea why ……… maybe no French dogs are called Albert!!!

The way Albert is pronounced in French sound like we would say "Al...bear" with a French accent

Bertie.jpg
Are you a good Jeeves to Bertie's Bertie??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back