Film Don't turn the film knob rudely ...

pdh

Legend
new arrival ...

9223131612_a9729409ce_n.jpg

the instruction leaflet has some irresistible translations

Now that one I'm a bit puzzled by, however I do like that photo very much! That is a very intense looking twin lens reflex and it certainly looks combative and sharp, too!

Now that one I'm a bit puzzled by,

It's just clicked: Be careful (with) sharp items to avoid (injury) "take" and "with" could be confused by a non-native speaker ("I take my camera with me") and injury/inquiry are misreadings.

You build it yourself, I should have added: it comes as a kit.

I really should have documented the whole process, but I neglected to even get a "before" pic of the kit of parts.

The first roll is developed and dry and ready to scan but the weather's too nice to be doing that just now ... I'm fascinated to see what kind of image the single plastic lens throws

Certainly was, Barrie, and what is more this roll was developed in it, but I hadn't even made the connection until your observation!

This was a $10 impulse-buy on eBay, for which amount of money I thought it would give me a few hours fun and it has.

Whether I'll actually bother putting another roll through it is another matter. I know I'm tending towards a very reduced style (black, white, not much detail, mostly forms) at the moment, but in my own way I want to have enough craft to translate what I see into either a screen or paper image.

The trouble (or the joyful advantage?) with this kind of lo-fi camera is that it introduces a largely random element into the process. That means you get the occasional serendipitous image, but also means you can have thoughtfully visualised shots wrecked.

So in the case of the chiropractors, I was lucky that the crapness of the camera didn't interrupt the strength of the composition (such as it is); but in the case of the old chap with the stick and hat, I think it's rather harder to see what I intended because of the shortcomings of the camera (and film).

anyhoo, I think I'm making this all sound a bit more serious than it should! It's a bit of fun and I'm glad people are amused or interested by the results.

I've got my KonicaTC and Yashica 124 back from hospickal, by the way, so I really ought to go out and take some snaps with those.

Definitely enjoying your thread, Paul.

In college my first photography course had us use The Diana camera...and one of my own favorite photographs to this day was taken with that little plastic camera. Serendipity is a great best friend!:D

Sorry, but there'll be no more snaps from this little ... er ... beauty? ... I was out on a walk today and it must have fallen out of the WWII ammo pack I use as a camera bag.

Annoyingly I had just finished a roll, and instead of rewinding it and pocketing the cassette, I left it in the camera ...

Sorry, but there'll be no more snaps from this little ... er ... beauty? ... I was out on a walk today and it must have fallen out of the WWII ammo pack I use as a camera bag.

Annoyingly I had just finished a roll, and instead of rewinding it and pocketing the cassette, I left it in the camera ...
I don't know Paul I reckon bodge up the camera with electrician's tape wherever detrimental and throw in another roll - maybe Kodak Max, Fuji Superia or some other cheap and/or expired colour film, then develop/cross-process in B+W chemicals (or even paracetemol or coffee or bicarb) - then we'll see some real lo-fi and serendipity I reckon. (y)

Back