Double exposures & weddings

les-star

Regular
I recently did a destination wedding and thought it would be fun playing around with some double exposures when extra time presented itself. Definitely fun taking them especially with the X system. I plan on dedicating a whole week or month on strictly taking double exposure shots. Should be a challenging project.
Below are some double exposure shots and some off camera lighting shots using a Yongnuo 580 ii manual flash along with cybersync trigger.

Please post some of your double exposure work to see what funky stuff everyone else is doing.

Thanks

Attachments

• airplane_WEB-27.jpg
    airplane_WEB-27.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 260
  • airplane_WEB-68.jpg
    airplane_WEB-68.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 217
  • rings n tings_WEB-2.jpg
    rings n tings_WEB-2.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 226
  • rings n tings_WEB-12.jpg
    rings n tings_WEB-12.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 240
  • prep_WEB-35.jpg
    prep_WEB-35.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 211
  • prep_WEB-21.jpg
    prep_WEB-21.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 209
  • prep_WEB-73.jpg
    prep_WEB-73.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 207
  • Shoot_WEB-47.jpg
    Shoot_WEB-47.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 226
  • reception_WEB-75.jpg
    reception_WEB-75.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 206
  • rings n tings_WEB-8.jpg
    rings n tings_WEB-8.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 208
Great work! I like most of them, but LOVE the last, which I wouldn't even know was a double exposure if not told. I haven't played around with double exposures since I was a kid with a film camera and then I tended to do it in the darkroom rather than in camera. Maybe these will inspire me to give it another shot (NPI)...

-Ray

Great work! I like most of them, but LOVE the last, which I wouldn't even know was a double exposure if not told. I haven't played around with double exposures since I was a kid with a film camera and then I tended to do it in the darkroom rather than in camera. Maybe these will inspire me to give it another shot (NPI)...

-Ray

Thanks ray! Although the last one is shot using off camera flash not double exposure.

Very interesting, I have not tried this feature yet so it is great to see someone getting to grips with it and posting the results.

Nice work - I like them.

Thanks! Really enjoy playing around with the double exposure feature. It's a little challenging especially when you don't have time to snap one and look for another scene to mesh well. Especially because you kind of have to take both in sequence or else you'll be killing your battery.

Very interesting, I have not tried this feature yet so it is great to see someone getting to grips with it and posting the results.

Nice work - I like them.

Thanks! Really enjoy playing around with the double exposure feature. It's a little challenging especially when you don't have time to snap one and look for another scene to mesh well. Especially because you kind of have to take both in sequence or else you'll be killing your battery.

Back