Double Murder!!!

Petach

Hall of Famer
Name
Peter Tachauer
I posted this series on the Brick lane Beigel Bakery some time ago. I was shocked to learn today that the owner and her daughter were stabbed to death a few days ago at their home in North London. The son is due to appear at court charged with their murder. I have had their Beigels for years (from the time I was a young cop in the 70's) The place and the people were legend. What a terrible shame!

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Beigel Bakery, Does what it says on the tin with no frills.

25796309456_a662a88b2c_b.jpg
Brick Lane Beigels.jpg
by Pete Tachauer, on Flickr

Andre

25700891222_5674537af2_b.jpg
Andre at the 24 hr beigel cafe Brick Lane

Andre and Lewis

25822668455_8a60904e08_b.jpg
Andre & Lewis - Brick Lane Beigels

In Beigel Heaven

25822378855_d2c6c88880_b.jpg
In Beigel Heaven.jpg

Tempted

25195759273_6f6fc97a5f_b.jpg
Beigel Temptation.jpg

A Carve Up

25701417162_1e1b8ce839_b.jpg
Brick Lane Beigels-3.jpg

Beigelising in Quiet Reflection

25822371275_6d8ff7c7f4_b.jpg
Brick Lane Beigels-2.jpg

25804398086_4734d28ed2_b.jpg
24hr Beigel Bakery

25709508862_24881d188c_b.jpg
24hr Beigel Bakery

Last edited:
Terrific series. The world needs more all night bakeries and delis. Albuquerque, a city that only sleeps, could use one -- though by now I'm too old to enjoy them. If I'm awake at 1 AM, it's in bed with a book -- not, alas!, a whore.

Terrific series. The world needs more all night bakeries and delis. Albuquerque, a city that only sleeps, could use one -- though by now I'm too old to enjoy them. If I'm awake at 1 AM, it's in bed with a book -- not, alas!, a whore.

If you're awake at 1am in ABQ, you need to get to The Frontier.... and get some enchiladas with green chiles

I'm grouchy today. Photos great as always Pete but have to say I hate the terms whore or tart. I find them very offensive whatever context they are used. I appreciate you aren't meaning to offend though. And the photos ARE great! Thanks for sharing.

I'm grouchy today. Photos great as always Pete but have to say I hate the terms whore or tart. I find them very offensive whatever context they are used. I appreciate you aren't meaning to offend though. And the photos ARE great! Thanks for sharing.

I agree. I don't, for one moment, think that Petach intended to offend, but these terms really aren't appropriate.

I also agree with your other point - they ARE great photos.

Thank you all for your comments. Much appreciated. When I wrote the forward I had Humphrey Bogarts voice in my head saying the words I was typing. I was setting a scene of gritty real life. An uncompromising real life of winners and losers. I am sorry if some are offended by my use of the words. I have no intention of being offensive. I have removed the forward, will let the photos speak for themselves and others might like to weave a story around them.

Sorry Pete, didn't mean for you to take the whole narrative down. There's a real writer in you as you set the scene extremely well. Just remind Humphrey he's got an occasionally grouchy broad as an audience!

Honest Karen, its not a problem. I don't normally write such a lengthy forward and I usually let my photos speak for themselves. You can see the grit here. There are no airs and graces.. It ain't Starbucks, nor Costa or Cafe Nero or Subway.....and all the better for it I believe. I am pleased you like the shots.

Cheers

Pete

I've just realised that i never read the front pages of this forum. I think that will have to change.
Nice set Pete.
But another reminder to me that I just cant seem to get past my fear of shooting people.
And Pete, you excel at it. In fact It's one of your shots thats my favourite street shot ever.
Cant find it though. It's on a bus !

I've just realised that i never read the front pages of this forum. I think that will have to change.
Nice set Pete.
But another reminder to me that I just cant seem to get past my fear of shooting people.
And Pete, you excel at it. In fact It's one of your shots thats my favourite street shot ever.
Cant find it though. It's on a bus !

Thanks Garry, much appreciated. Was it this one you liked so much?

6971010700_f5409c498a_b.jpg
London 26042012

Back