Nature Double rainbow

When I first saw that picture, I thought it was some kind of reflection so I looked outside again and there it is. First time for me also. It also lasted for over 15 minutes.

From my deck late this afternoon. Had trouble with the white balance - tried various, but not really happy with any ....

that's rain drops on the lens .....

P4020785 Double rainbow from the deck.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P4020786 Double rainbow from the deck.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

@Rose McGillicuddy Unfortunately, this is in a Leica-prefixed thread - but I think this can be remedied: I'll move it over to "Nature and Animals" ... Thanks for unearthing it.

btw. This is why I am in two minds about putting themed content in gear-centric subforums. I get the idea of showcasing - but this is just unhelpful. Luckily, the thread doesn't contain any decisive gear reference, so it's easy to move it. Sometimes, it'd lose all context if I did this, but with this, no problem.

And in this specific case, the reason behind the whole affair isn't any kind thoughtlessness, but simply the fact that this is an old thread from an old Leica forum. But just starting or using any old thread for things is really unhelpful. It still happens quite often. Again, in this case, we are fortunate Rose discovered this.

M.

P.S. For the sake of this serving the function of a PSA, I'll keep this comment around after the move.

Back