Sigma double resolution in Sigma Photo Pro

petemasty

Regular
Never noticed it before but I am able to 'double' the resolution when i save as a TIFF (prob same for JPEG too). so my pixel count goes to 9000 x 6000 roughly. Darned big files too!! 136mb.

Now the question is, is it pure interpolation / extrapolation or is this the special sensor thats really kicking in?

Frankly it was a very pleasant surprise to me as it means i can 'digitally zoom' in (heavily crop)

If anyone can answer it would be appreciated. Certainly saved me from getting Perfect Resize!

May even tempt me to get the DP3M to go with my DR2M

I have Perfect Resize and tested the two methods of upsizing after I had read somewhere that the SPP method was superior. Well it isn't, but there's nothing to tell between the two methods in terms of image quality. Perfect Resize is an excellent program with a lot of flexibility and gives incredibly good results.

Yes the results are certainly impressive. i did some crops at double resolution to see how it compared with my RX100 top end digital zoom (which i really must find out what zoom multiple it is.

Certainly cropping to give an equivalent 150mm focal length gives impressive results. Who needs telephoto lenses!!

Back