Down came the rain

Iansky

All-Pro
We went to Bath last Saturday and the weather man predicted rain.............he was right, it came down infrequently but heavy when it arrived.

I took the X70 with me shooting from under an umbrella, as usual it delivered superb images that I am really happy with - these are some of the images that I wanted to share.

Bath 2.jpg
Bath 6.jpg
Bath 9.jpg
Bath 11.jpg
Bath 12.jpg
Bath 14.jpg

She was selling the "Big Issue", it is a magazine sold by registered homeless people to earn some money, she had picked a prime location but alas the bad weather kept many moving quickly with heads down.

Bath is a good location for street work with many interesting people.

There are loads of them in Bath, it is always full of tourists who are willing to part with their money - for the genuine collectors it is great but there are some (we had one in our town) that arrived in a car, brought children and sat outside /near prime supermarkets begging..............at the end of the day she would leave in the car and head home, she was "discovered" and outed so not around in our town any more - Sad that these type of people take away from the genuine needy ones and once discovered it puts people off giving.
The Big Issue sellers generally have a genuine ID with them but again there have been more cases of people faking these as well.
If I intend to give I will try and engage with them and you can then sense through conversation if they are genuine or not...........either way, we still have too many genuine homeless people in the UK and being an ex military man finding out they are former service people irritates me even more - we ask them to risk their lives then abandon them.
Sorry, rant over!

Back