Dramatic B&W images

mike3996

Top Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
Thanks René. I walked this street the other night and thought to myself, there's immense potential for wide-angle photography. Of course my UWA isn't f/1.4 so it wasn't immediately that I returned to the scene. Almost took a collapsible tripod with me but decided against it. These turned just fine hand-held...

MoonMind

Hall of Famer
Dec 29, 2013
Switzerland
Matt
Super-grainy original, for once resized locally (to avoid forum compression ...) - nice effect, somehow ...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The A7 II may not be the best camera for low light shooting in terms of the *amount* of noise (it certainly isn't - it's the "worst" FF camera I own, even the M 262 does better when it comes to chrominance noise; still, it's better at ISO 3200 than the Fuji X-E3, which in turn beats both the Sony A6000 and Canon G1X III), but the *type* of noise it produces makes for quite a good basis for gritty b&w conversions - pretty random distribution, not too much smearing or blotchy artifacts ... I'm not sure it's fully appreciable at a forum-compatible image size, but it's quite obvious in the original on my local screen at 100%.

M.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom