B&W Dramatic B&W images

BB.....off topic.....I just saw that you reside in NW CT. I thought you lived in Philly. I grew up in CT (Cheshire....outside of New Haven). My mother is 92 and still living there. Hopefully, I'll be back there before the end of the year (or actually before it gets brutally cold :rolleyes:)

Nope, I used to live in Rye, NY - Westchester County. Don AKA Streetshooter is from Philly and Ray is from Westchester PA or nearby...outside of Philly.:wink_old:

Good for your mother at 92! I'll drop you a PM with more particulars... We moved up here to the country on May 29th and we're still workin' on the house...hence my laziness when it comes to "real" photos...with my X's...and taking the iPhone way for most days.

PM'ed ya :D

More with the X-Pro1

p2058486702-5.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p1906893514-5.jpg

Adam - like it? How about love it?!

Both of you two have really got the tonal "zone system" down with your black and white's! All three are beautifully post processed and I really like the way you see in B&W. Great work!

You got that ethereal feel, Paul. I think Wim Wenders would like this.... My first thought was of his movie "Faraway So Close". If you haven't seen this movie, you might well enjoy it: http://www.wim-wenders.com/movies/movies_spec/farawaysoclose/far_away_so_close.htm

Lovely use of the split toning...and the light you saw. A beautiful image, Paul.

Thank you, I've heard of Wim Wenders, but never seen the film! U2 is my all time favourite band, and they did the track, Faraway So Close, so maybe we'll set aside a night to watch the DVD :)

I never realized they were part of the sound track! It's good timing to watch the movie as Lou Reed just passed away and he's part of the music as well.
Laurie Anderson
Jane Siberry
Simon Bonney
Lou Reed
Herbert Grönemeyer
U2
Johnny Cash
The House of Love
Nick Cave

"Faraway So Close" should, I suppose, be seen after "Wings of Desire" http://www.wim-wenders.com/movies/movies_spec/wingsofdesire/wingsofdesire.htm. It has been a while since I've seen either. They're worth seeing, for sure.:cool:

I love music....all music.

In a different light...with the X100S
(I was going for the grain of pushed Tri-X. I always liked Tri-X @1000ASA in Acufine developer, it would always maintain the short toes and shoulders on the tone curve, i.e. no blown highlights or completely black and impenetrable shadow.)

p1525724700-5.jpg

....but not very dramatic :rolleyes:

Back