B&W Dramatic B&W images

2019-11-25-17-42-MP000233.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2019-11-25-17-42-MP000232_01.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks René. I walked this street the other night and thought to myself, there's immense potential for wide-angle photography. Of course my UWA isn't f/1.4 so it wasn't immediately that I returned to the scene. Almost took a collapsible tripod with me but decided against it. These turned just fine hand-held...

Super-grainy original, for once resized locally (to avoid forum compression ...) - nice effect, somehow ...

A7202191_bw_2_small.jpg

The A7 II may not be the best camera for low light shooting in terms of the *amount* of noise (it certainly isn't - it's the "worst" FF camera I own, even the M 262 does better when it comes to chrominance noise; still, it's better at ISO 3200 than the Fuji X-E3, which in turn beats both the Sony A6000 and Canon G1X III), but the *type* of noise it produces makes for quite a good basis for gritty b&w conversions - pretty random distribution, not too much smearing or blotchy artifacts ... I'm not sure it's fully appreciable at a forum-compatible image size, but it's quite obvious in the original on my local screen at 100%.

M.

Back