Dreaming!

christilou

Legend
I've actually begun to dream of cameras :eek: Anyone else? I dreamed that I had a new camera that got covered in mud (but still worked !) and also that I keep pressing the shutter but no picture is taken. I need to get out more I think :redface:

Christina, I think you must be harboring latent fears of something from your childhood long ago...perhaps you were reprimanded for making mud pies and have repressed that memory only to find that using your camera has brought back said memories....and by dreaming about it you are trying to access those childhood fears.:rofl::tongue:

I don't think I've ever had a dream about a camera, but I may have repressed that memory.:D

Bill, I have noticed that a lot of movies and television shows seem to be employing a kind of HDR or highly sharpened style of late.;)

I went to sleep once and dreamed I was eating a giant marshmellow... when I woke up my pillow was gone!!! omg!

sorry, coudlnt resist. Do you dream in color or black and white...may mean something.
PEte

I dream Penelope Cruz is my assistant. She always brings my camera to me with a nice smile.......that's why
i always feel 1/2 asleep...I don't want to wake up....:redface:

take about colin firth... I never cared for him until I saw Kings Speech...a great movie I must say.
this thread is becoming interesting to say the least.

I seem to dream in color.

I love Colin Firth, but he has largely picked "invisible or overlooked character" roles, like the one he had in Bridget Jones. The person who gets passed over. I first took a shine to him in "Easy Virtue" a couple of years ago. My second favorite of his roles is as Vermeer in "Girl with a Pearl Earring." I've yet to see "A Single Man," which was also highly regarded.

Colin Firth was staying at the same hotel as us in Budapest a few years ago (The Gresham Palace). I can report that he is just gorgeous in the flesh ladies! The only problem was that we girls didn't want to leave the hotel bar and go out for dinner as we just wanted to spend an evening ogling ;)

Gawd, yeah, in recent years I have several times had long, complex dreams about going around doing street photography. Sometimes working with odd, outdated cameras. Sometimes seeing and photographing very nice scenes with interesting light.

As much as I love monochrome, my subconscious consistently interprets my dreams in colour. Though not that rich a colour as I fear my brain is lagging a little behind in its Bayer technology...I hope a few more years shooting with the Sigma will correct this. ;)

Do some folks really dream exclusively in black + white, or is there some special portent attached to the occasional desaturated dream? Fascinating to know.

I confess to dreaming of photography. It's been a mixture of heart-racing events where my gear just doesn't keep up, or simple desires for other kit - I do recall a dream where I was frustrated with my gear and popped into a shop to get what I 'needed'...it was great though I confess I was in a lucid state at the time so sort of crafted that a little :redface: Oh how different real life is...

It's uncanny that I do exactly what Bilzmale mentioned every time I watch the idiot box. Though I confess to doing it more with the ads then I do with programs. Except the news, I love dissecting the work of the camera-men in news stories....as they've had a little less time to devote to PPing the frames.

Great topic!!!

Back