Fuji Dropped My X-Pro1

Dave Jenkins

Regular
The Beautiful Northwest Georgia Mountains
Name
Dave Jenkins
Put my X-Pro1 on the seat beside me at a restaurant Saturday night and it was accidentally shoved off onto a tile floor. The shutter button/on-off switch assembly was knocked off.
Talked to Fuji repair today and they said the whole top plate would have to be replaced. Cost would be $180 labor plus parts, so I suspect the total cost would be well over $350. Looks like I have a new paperweight, unless someone has an alternate suggestion.

I hear you... that's not a TON of money, but it's enough to make you hesitant to repair a Gen-1 X Pro 1. A little bit more $ could get you a used newer camera.

Well Dave you can spend 350 to buy another one that you have no history on or you could spend it on the one you already know the history of. I think they would clean and lube where needed and you might have a better P1 then before the fall. Its just something to think about.

If this had happend to my X-Pro1 I would go for a repair. I've only once used their repair service in the UK and they cleaned the whole camera. Just my thoughts . . .

Last edited:
I wonder of there is any way to force it into the on position....then you could just remove the battery as your "off" setting. Or maybe the whole assembly breaking off means it just is what it is.

Really a bummer. Maybe your broken one is worth $75 to someone that needs other good parts.

You have my condolences.

I was able to find another X-Pro 1 on the Fred Miranda forum for $335, so I think I'm going to put the broken one up for sale for $75 plus shipping and PayPal. I was informed that replacement top plates are available on eBay for $179, so maybe someone who's good at tinkering can fix it and have a good one to use or sell.

I bought the camera a year ago and it always worked perfectly (until I dropped it!).

Back