Fuji Dual Display Image for Manual Focus X-T1

RFPhotog

Rookie
Name
Robert Fisher
This is probably going to seem like a very stupid question, but I can't find the answer in the manual.

In manual focus, there is supposed to be an option for a dual display image. I know the DISP/BACK button is used to engage the different viewfinder options. Using this button, I can get the dual display image on the rear LCD but when I put the camera up to my eye, I get just the single screen image. I've toggled through all the viewfinder/LCD modes to no avail.

Assistance appreciated.

No, that's not what I'm saying at all. What I do expect; however, is that if I set the view to Dual Display on the rear LCD, that should carry through to the EVF when I put the camera up to my eye. That, to me, makes logical sense.

That doesn't make sense at all, as users want and need different display modes for different displays. There are 2 displays in the X-T1 (3 in the X-Pro1, X100, X100S, X100T), all displays are different and offer different modes, and users not only expect different display modes for different displays in shooting mode, but another different set of different display modes for different displays in playback mode.

There was an outright ****storm when Fuji removed the View Mode button in the X-E2, and rightly so. That took away the capability to use the eye sensor in shooting mode and a fixed setting in playback mode. So the button returned in the X-T1.

If my X-T1 changed the LCD from Info Display to Dual Screen when I change the EVF from Wide to Dual Screen, I would report this as a serious bug. There would also be dozens of threads in forums with users complaining about it.

OK, fine. I'm not going to get into a urinating contest about it. It's not what I would expect. It doesn't make logical sense to me. Good enough? I'm now done with this thread. I got the answer I needed. Thanks again, Bill.

No problem at all. It's just one of those things. I can see why it is how it is, and now I am used to it, I like it, but it is definitely counter-intuitive. I had to search the manual at first too, but now it seems like second nature. Interested to hear how you get on with the two-screen setup - I've tried it and reverted to straightforward split-screen; perhaps it is just the way my brain is wired after using Leica Ms for years, but two displays don't really work for me.

Exactly...

I'm just guessing (it's late over here!) but if you prefigure the button press, activate the eye sensor and use the finder before making the changed setting, that might work. Or of course use the option to activate the finder as a separate option and duplicate the setting as you did for the display. Or maybe it really IS too late over here!

Back