Fuji Dust on X10 sensor?

otalp

Regular
There are several reports of dust inside the lens but also on the sensor of the X10 circulating in the internet. One of the improvements of the X20 over the X10 listed by fuji is "lens barrel shielded to protect from dust".

Did anyone experience dust particles on the sensors of the X10 or X20? Is the fast manual operation of the zoom lens sucking in dust significantly?

Sorry to read that. I have a faint feeling that dust on the sensor might be keeping the X10 and maybe also the X20 from becoming a longtime compagnion.

Am I wrong?

Dust is always a possibility, it's almost impossible to hermetically seal zoom lenses w/o getting into unsustainable price regions. Personally, I haven't had an issue with it, though (X100, X100S, 3x X-S1, 2x X10, X20, XF1). Knock on wood.

Pleased to say that my X10 is as clean as a whistle but I thought that I'd double check given Lightmancer's experience.
It was an early model but the lens/sensor changed about a year later to the orbless variety.

Looking back nearly every camera I've owned with a retractable barrel lens has had a history of sensor dust from the Leica X1/X2 to the Canon G series (although happily
not in my ownership ).
I tend to keep my cameras in their custom Ever Ready Cases - maybe that helps ; who knows?

Just one reason why I love the non-retracting fixed lens of the X100/X100s.

I agree that retractable lens barrels are always prone to suck in dust particles. However, there aren't many moving as fast as the X10/X20 barrel.

Back