Fuji DxO acquires Nik

It wasn't a gift from Google, they bought it and it's probably just a matter of time before they start charging for Nik. The only question is what will they do with Nik? They can keep it as is, adding more features and presets or they can warp it into something else.

The article says it will remain free for now, implying they will be charging for it in the future. DxO has already integrated the U point feature of Nik into DxO's new editing software. And there will be an updated version of the Nik Suite in 2018.

This is sweet. I finally learned how to install and run Nik under Linux Ubuntu using WINE. It ran fine, and runs much faster than it did on my old laptop with Win7. Here's a photo I took recently with my X-T1, and run through Analog Efex Pro:

DSCF0460a.JPG

This is sweet. I finally learned how to install and run Nik under Linux Ubuntu using WINE. It ran fine, and runs much faster than it did on my old laptop with Win7. Here's a photo I took recently with my X-T1, and run through Analog Efex Pro:

View attachment 35107
Very nice, I was hoping DXo would pick up Fuji x series cameras. I just checked and as of 11 pro they don't support them. Unbelievable really.

Back