Software DxO Nik Collection 2 rumoured soon.

It was only the other day the newly owned version came out wasn't it?

Yes, but that was really just a few bug fixes and "housekeeping" for DxO to do to finally "take it over", so to speak.

Hopefully this version 2.0 will be a further enhancement and interjection of the DxO mindset into the product. I'm curious to see what they do. I very much enjoy the Silver Efex and the Analog Efex tools.

My original copy of Silver Efx came with the Leica M Monochrom. I like it, but not for every image.

I'm not big on GUI's- the original interface is intuitive.

Just got this Email-

RELIVE THE GOLDEN AGE OF
BLACK-AND-WHITE PHOTOGRAPHY​
ONLY​
$149​
THE ULTIMATE SOLUTION FOR BLACK-AND-WHITE CONVERSION​

I've avoided this upgrade as it's bundled with a basic version of DxO PhotoLab. As I already own PLab Elite there is no incentive for existing users to upgrade. Smells like a marketing strategy.

If the old stuff continues to work, I can’t see that I’d bother to upgrade.

That's how I feel about word processors. I use Wordstar 6.0. The hard part is getting a modern computer with a big SATA drive formatted to run DOS. But I figured it out. I run my custom DNG processor for the M Monochrom on the same computer.

I asked for the new version as a Holiday gift. I'm still trying to figure out my LR dilemma (I refuse to hand over 119 every annum), but the collection should work with my long in the tooth 5.x installation.

Back