Software DxO Nik Collection 2 rumoured soon.

I've opened the ".exe" files directly, and opened JPG's and TIFF's. with it. It does not handle RAW and DNG. It does not handle catalogs.

I have the original version of the software. A valuable feauture for a new version to integrate raw processing.

I'll take a closer look this weekend.

I've opened the ".exe" files directly, and opened JPG's and TIFF's. with it. It does not handle RAW and DNG. It does not handle catalogs.

I have the original version of the software. A valuable feauture for a new version to integrate raw processing.

I'll take a closer look this weekend.

No raw or dng? That seems counter-productive for a post-processing program.

I have purchased previous upgrades to support ongoing work at DxO, but the website right now says the price to upgrade for existing customers is $79 (I have not received any emails from DxO, as usual). The upgrades look to be minor with mostly a few new presets etc. This pricing is, for me, ridiculous. Previous upgrade was $49. I will stick with what I have and use it until it runs out of supporting applications or operating systems . (No, I don't need PhotoLab 2 Essentials, as I have PhotoLab Elite 2, another one I am not upgrading after 5 or 6 upgrades hoping they would get their act together).

Is that because it doesn't actually do any photo catalogue management - you upload one photo or a set of photos, post-process them, save the post photos, and so on?
Yes, you manage the photos in Lightroom/Photos/Luminar/C1, and process them one at a time in the Nik plugins. From LR you send TIFF files to Nik (an export of either the original file or the current adjusted state), and the file you edit in Nik comes back into LR. From Apple photos, only a Jpeg is sent so it’s not as good IMO.

As a stand-alone, the original programs of the NIK collection, including SFX, can only open JPEG files. Lightroom converts RAW and DNG imges to TIFF before passing to the NIK software.

Back