Micro 4/3 E-M10-day

theoldsmithy

Hall of Famer
Name
Martin Connolly
Got my E-M10 today. With cashback and a discount from SRS (they took my order then realised they only had an ex-display model in black), total kit (including Panny 14-45, filter, screen protector, 2 aftermarket spare batteries) will be £418. A bargain, I reckon.

Anyway, from what I have seen so far this is a superb piece of kit. It's just right for my rather small hands and the controls can be set up perfectly. The screen and EVF are really clear, and the autofocus is amazingly fast, especially compared to the X100 which even with the latest firmware had a rather relaxed approach to focusing. I love the dramatic tone filter although I guess that might get wearing! I am really looking forward to taking this out for a serious spin over the weekend. Will be posting some actual images ASAP.

Well I would post some pictures but the cover to the battery/card compartment has snapped off, and it seems a fragment of plastic is now stuck, stopping a card from being inserted. Not a good start! I have to see whether the retailer will take it back and send messages replacement, or if I have to get Olympus to mend it. Hopefully the former, they really ought to.

Back