Early winter colour.

Livnius

Top Veteran
Name
Joe

Hey....while you lot up there are about to enjoy the finer summer months, spare a thought for us down this end of the globe who have just entered winter.
Caught a bit of the remaining early winter color before it all vanishes away.

EM5 and PL25.

autumn_in_the_park-2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

church5.jpg

autumn_in_the_park-5.jpg

autumn_in_the_park.jpg

autumn_in_the_park-4.jpg

Livnius said:

Hey....while you lot up there are about to enjoy the finer summer months, spare a thought for us down this end of the globe who have just entered winter

These are nice.

But before you run away with envy for our "summer" can I just tell you that the central heating has switched itself on a few times this month in my house ...

Joe,

I'll swap you our summer for your winter judging by the weather in your photographs, 12 deg C here in the middle of the afternoon, grey sky, pouring with rain, a stream of water running down the lane since the ground is saturated and can't take any more water, and little prospect of much better in the outlook.

Paul, central heating!!, you're leading the highlife there aren't you?

For me number 3 stands out, good composition and quality of light.

Barrie

You know if you do it just right [like we did and leave the US for Australia in January] you can keep that summer all year long! Anyway, your images are just golden goodness. Soak up those beautiful colors and do share more with us!

I just looked these on a proper 'puter rather than my 'phone and they really have a lovely quality about them.

Paul, central heating!!, you're leading the highlife there aren't you?

it comes on when it gets too cold Barrie, money no object ..

Gorgeous photos! I too would gladly swap your early winter for our current summer weather here... it has already been 110+ degF for the past couple of weeks here in Arizona, and summer has just started! Perhaps I should look into a job where I can commute back and forth during our respective winter months...

I hope everything is ok where you are after the recent earthquake around Melbourne.

Thanks guys.

With a bit of luck I might be able to catch the very last of the golden colour this weekend...but with heavy rain in town and snow on the distant ski hills, there isn't much left.
With the 4 grey,wet and cold months of Melbourne weather to look forward to, I think I may finally get around to working my street photography project "Melbournians: Bloody P!ssed Off"

Thanks again guys :)

These are beautiful. Such lovely muted colors and quiet light. I particularly like that last one of the leaves with the backlighting... Just checked out your Flickrstream.:bravo-009: You've got so many really nice photos there. I'm afraid I'm not as active there or here as I used to be...however, slowly but surely I hope to get back in the photographic saddle again.

I'm so glad I clicked on this thread.

@BBW. Thanks for taking the time to have a peek and glad you like my Flickrstream. I'm pretty new, it's only been a year since I dumped the P&S canon ixus and got myself a 'proper' camera so I'm still having a blast...it probably helps that I don't get to shoot very often anyway but I imagine at some point my activity will go through a trough as well, but for the moment, I still have more locations and projects/themes in mind than what I actually have time for :) ...so that's a good thing I guess, leaves me wanting to get out there every opportunity I get.

@grebeman. We Melbournians like to boast about having the best coffee in the world thanks to our crappy weather :)

Back