DSC01416-Edit-2.jpg

DSC01456-Edit.jpg

DSC01654-Edit.jpg

DSC01679-Edit.jpg

DSC01706-Edit.jpg

DSC01675-Edit.jpg

DSC01434-Edit.jpg

DSC01714-Edit.jpg

Beautiful work Christina. I know I don't want one of the new RX1 II, but I still sometimes think I should pick up another used RX1. I've never enjoyed shooting more than when I was just walking around with the RX1 for scenic stuff and the Coolpix A for street stuff. I like the DF more overall, but there's something about the simplicity and lack of choices with the RX1 that led to some of my most enjoyable shooting...

You're sure still doing wonderful work with it...

-Ray

Beautiful work Christina. I know I don't want one of the new RX1 II, but I still sometimes think I should pick up another used RX1. I've never enjoyed shooting more than when I was just walking around with the RX1 for scenic stuff and the Coolpix A for street stuff. I like the DF more overall, but there's something about the simplicity and lack of choices with the RX1 that led to some of my most enjoyable shooting...

You're sure still doing wonderful work with it...

-Ray

I sold my original RX1, I used it a lot and it had high mileage! I bought an open box one for a good price and a used evf and was back in business. Whenever space is at a premium the RX1 is a sure fire bet and it comes with me often. I have no wish for the RX1 II either, in fact I have the A7RII and prefer the A7R so I can't think that the RX1 II would be any different. I'm still amazed by what the RX1 files are capable of, my only wish is that the focus would be faster :)

I sold my original RX1, I used it a lot and it had high mileage! I bought an open box one for a good price and a used evf and was back in business. Whenever space is at a premium the RX1 is a sure fire bet and it comes with me often. I have no wish for the RX1 II either, in fact I have the A7RII and prefer the A7R so I can't think that the RX1 II would be any different. I'm still amazed by what the RX1 files are capable of, my only wish is that the focus would be faster :)
I don't even mind the slowish AF. The only feature I'd really like from the new one if they could/would put it in the old one via firmware is the improved auto-ISO. Then I'd buy another older one for sure. Or, I'd love to have a new one with the old sensor. I wouldn't MIND having the flip screen, built in EVF, and faster AF, but I don't really care that much about them. But I really don't want anything to do with a 42mp sensor... And I too loved the files from the original. But I'm definitely better off just sticking with my DF - the RX1 is smaller but if I go out with just the Coolpix A and DF with 2-3 small primes, it all easily fits in the same bag I'd use with the Coolpix A and RX1. So I'm not gonna do it, but sometimes I'm tempted anyway just because of the history I had with the RX1...

I'll live vicariously through your RX1 shots... ;)

-Ray

Back