Fuji Edit / Save Q Menu differences between X100t and X-T1 [Cross-posted]

iSilentP

Regular
I noticed that on the X100t, the option exists to use the ISO as a quick menu button. This does not seem to be an option on the X-T1. I assume it is because the X-T1 has a dedicated ISO dial on the body and the X100T does not? Or I am I missing something here? I would like to have the ISO settings a parameter on the custom settings as below image of the x100t.

Attachments

• x100t ISO Setting in Q Menu.png
    x100t ISO Setting in Q Menu.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 82
Fair question, sensibly (if tersely ;) ) answered. It did set me to thinking, though... I have an X-Pro1, X-T1 and X100T; they have many user-configurable settings in common, and every time I get a new camera I sit with an old one balanced on my knee and transfer the bulk of the common settings so that when I am out and about I know, within reason, that the camera in my hand will behave in more or less the same way as the one at home.

In the world of enterprise software there are tools such as "Configsnapshot" that can be used to check that, for example, Dev and Test and Prod are all configured identically. This is a big help in bug trapping and resolution.

Would it not be cool if Fuji produced an app that allowed you to see all your settings across all your cameras on a single PC/tablet screen, which allowed you to spot - or itself highlighted - inconsistencies immediately and even remotely alter settings to have them all the same. With the WiFi enablement of bodies you could even do this without cables...

Thoughts? Think I might write to Mr. Fuji... Rico, have you an email address for someone appropriate?

Thoughts? Think I might write to Mr. Fuji... Rico, have you an email address for someone appropriate?

You can write your local support department. They will forward it to Tokyo where someone will ignore this request.

Fuji isn't even able to put a RAW conversion remote control into their Remote App. Version 2 still doesn't feature it. They demonstrated a much-improved remote control app at Photokina, but what happened to it? It's still not here.

Fuji and software is a no-go. Just think about the tethering fiasco. So you shouldn't waste your time. I certainly stopped wasting mine.

How about the ability to sync up the date/time across all our Fuji bodies based on the system date/time when plugged into PC/Mac? Canon does this and I suspect other manufacturers also do this. That way, when multiple bodies are used o shoot, their clocks would be synced. Currently I do this manually when I take out more than one Fuji body.

C'Mon Fuji!

How about the ability to sync up the date/time across all our Fuji bodies based on the system date/time when plugged into PC/Mac?
C'Mon Fuji!

How about implementing a 24h clock? This simple option has been demanded for about 10 years. Maybe in 2018?

Back