Editing an image

lucien

Legend
Hi, I have a question I'm using lightroom. I shot some images at the Art Gallery using an external flash. Is there anyway I can get rid of this shadow? I should have been more careful while shooting. Can someone do it for me If I send them the edited Jpeg, or the raw file? I don't know how to do it on the forum, they would have to start a private conversation. I have an idea. I would have to clone her out and make a separate background, then slip her back in . But masking and layers are beyond my skill set. And I don't think that's red eye I see. Anyway to get rid of that as well?

Thanks in advance
DSC_4880.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Make a solid colour layer of the background and place above your background layer, then in Photoshop, select subject, mask and refine to get some of the stray hair and make a new layer with the subject and place it over the solid colour layer and the shadow is gone. More complicated images might need a different treatment. I did a simple edit using the above (didn't concentrate on the fine hairs though) and it works fine.

I don't have photoshop. Lightroom cc only. What if I cloned/healed her out. Then saved the green/yellow background as a preset after removing the shadow. Then threw her back in. What that work?

That's basically would you said. I didn't finish reading it before I responded. Can lightroom do background layers?

Back