• Cameraderie, a friendly photography forum, join now for free! Welcome! 欢迎! स्वागत हे! ようこそ!

Embracing the Shadows.

Luke

Super Moderator
Nov 11, 2011
Milwaukee, WI USA
Luke
good stuff. I wish cameras had a metering mode to meter for the brightest part of the image. Lately, I've been doing it myself manually underexposing nearly everything. I find the images are much more pleasing to my eye.

theoldsmithy

Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2013
Cheshire, England
Martin Connolly
good stuff. I wish cameras had a metering mode to meter for the brightest part of the image. Lately, I've been doing it myself manually underexposing nearly everything. I find the images are much more pleasing to my eye.
If I remember right, Luke, my Olympus E-M10 had such a feature, and metering for the darkest part of the image too. It was a very clever little beast.

Feb 6, 2015
Central Ohio, USA
Andrew

agentlossing

Veteran
Mar 23, 2015
Andrew Lossing
I know what you mean - I really like images with strong directional light and shadow (like city streets) where the camera is metering to correctly expose the bright portions, and the shadows are rich and dark. Mainly I pick manual settings to get that look, just meter for the bright light and allow the shadows to go dark. Only minor shifts in exposure to accommodate predominantly lighter or darker situations.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom