Feedback Emoji Problem

yesterday to have my smilie wear glasses, but instead, this "button" turned up: 🆒 - this is strange, the collection shows the correct smilie ...
Matt, this is actually a bug in XenForo 2.1.0 that is supposedly being fixed in the next release.

The boring details... The issue is that prior to XF 2.1.0 the use of emoji (device defined images) was not supported as much as it is now; they could be used on XF 2.0.0 but stuff like suggestions when typing an emoji shortcut name was not yet a feature. The 'cool' smilie/emoji issue is there is a smilie (forum defined image) with a name of :cool: which is the smiley face with sunglasses while the emoji (device defined image) shortcut for :cool: points to the image that is literally the word cool. With XF 2.1.0 the emoji shortcut is trumping the locally defined smilie shortcut when, really, if there is a locally (forum) defined smilie shortcut defined then it should be evaluated at a higher priority then any emoji (device) defined shortcut. When the next release of XF is available the locally defined shortcuts should take priority.

The new images being used for the reactions should now look closer to the old versions except for the 'Winner' reaction which is now a trophy instead of a medal.

For the themes, my offer of creating a new theme selection based directly on your input is still open. If you're interested, we can discuss it via PM/conversation to get started.

I am no themer. I just liked the old one, and if there was an option to install that, I'd choose it. I guess Xenforo doesnt give that option anymore. I do like the revised emoji set :)

Back